Friday, December 2, 2011

The Color Purple.....Day 17

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it!" - Alice Walker, The Color Purple.
If you know me you know that my all time favorite movie is The Color Purple.  Incidentally it's one of my favorite musicals as well (thanks to a gal pal of mine who took me one year for Christmas!)  I was working out this evening and a song from the musical came on and gave me some motivation to push through my chest exercises!  If you've never seen the movie or the play or read the book, I highly encourage one or all of them, very inspirational and moving!  Here's todays' recap:

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage D-Lite Breakfast sandwich (English Muffin) w/ Banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Healthy Choice Steamer (Chicken Romano) w/ Fruit Bowl
Snack: Banana & Hot Chocolate
Dinner: Whole Wheat Pasta w/ 1 Chicken Sausage link mixed w/ peppers & onions in light marinara
Snack: Muscle Milk Lite Protein Drink (Post Workout)

Today I got to wear my new workout outfit to the gym that I purchased at Target!  I mean you gotta look the part too right? :-)  I've posted a progress pic as well, although I'm not certain there is a huge visual change.  While the scale is showing I'm losing weight, I keep wondering when my clothes will start to fit better! LOL.  My pants are still a little snug in the waist.  Maybe in another 5lbs they will be better!

Check out those biceps!  WORK! LOL. 

On topic, here is a quick story from the files....

A few years back, during another one of my weight loss kicks I had planned a night out with my favorite partner in crime and fun, Chico (aka Vivian as many of you have come to know :-) I have known Chico for almost 12 years now, he was one of the first friends I met in coming to St. Louis.  I actually chatted with him a few months prior on Web TV (who remembers those!!? LOL)  He has been a terrific friend and support system through the years and I love him dearly! This is one of a million tales he and I could tell of our adventures together!  So I digress.......I arrived at his house that night to pick him up for our night on the town.  Now one thing you need to know about Chico is he is a FANTASTIC cook and baker!  His deserts are amazing.  Chico had made a lemon bundt cake that day and it was proudly displayed under a glass cake stand.  It looked like a perfect start to our evening, but being on a diet at the time I had to resist!  I had expressed to him that I had lost 6lbs recently...his reply was "I don't see how!" (all in jest!)  Another thing to know about Chico and I is that we are constantly jabbing at one another and poking fun in the most sarcastic of ways.  He then proceeds to say...."Those jeans look like they're painted on!" LOL.  We both had a good laugh, and admittedly the jeans were a lil snug!  But they looked cute and matched the shirt I was wearing so I didn't care! LOL.  Chico and I always go on about how much we like to eat and I'm sure he has some even better tales to tell of me and food, but we'll save those for another time! :-)

Tonight's workout was all about arms and shoulders!  Day 2 of Week 3 (of a 26 week program) brought to you by www.workoutbox.com.  Check it out!!

Tomorrow is Friday and the end to a pretty decent week overall!  Stay tuned for more...until then kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment