Friday, December 16, 2011

Honey...I shrunk my....stomach! (Thursday Recap)

So apparently this is becoming a habit of posting recaps the day AFTER. UGH!  My days just get away from me and I fall asleep before I get to blog.  But I am happy that I am keeping up daily updates, that is very important to my success and my goal!  Here's the recap for Thursday:

Breakfast: 2 Eggo Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Waffles w/ Splenda (4pts)
Snack: Apple (0pts)
Lunch: Smart Ones 3 Cheese Ziti (8pts)
Snack: Special K Bar (2pts)
Dinner: BAKED (not fried) Tyson Chicken Fingers w/ Steak Fries (16pts)
Snack: None

Daily Points Allowance: 42
Total Points Used: 30
Points Remaining: 12
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 0
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 49
Activity Points Earned (Today): 0
Activity Points Used (Today): 0
Activity Points Earned (Week): 14 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 9
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

I was glad to get back into the breakfast/morning snack routine.  Two days of sleeping in and missing breakfast was enough for me.  I encourage you to ALWAYS find something to eat for breakfast, the healthier the better.  It jump starts your body and metabolism and gets your system burning those calories!  I was amazed to see I had 12 points left over yesterday...those Tyson Chicken strips were only 5 points for 2 and I had 5! LOL.  The steak fries are only 3 points for 15....HIGHLY recommend...if you bake them, you still get crispy fries but barely any points!  I did skip the workout again, not really intending to but my night got away from me and it was much to late to venture out, since I'm trying to get workouts done early and get back on a regular sleep pattern.  I'll easily finish up Week 5 today and tomorrow however with a rest day on Sunday before Week 6, no worries friends!  I actually kind of like breaking it up, getting in some final workouts right before weigh-in day.  I've noticed that the Tuesday following weigh-in day my weight is always lower than my weigh-in day # because I workout on Monday's but not on Sundays and usually not Saturdays, so if I sneak in a workout on Saturday, I might see some lower #'s on the scale on weigh-in day! (Just a theory!)

So I got dressed this morning and for the first time I noticed a big difference in how I looked in my clothes.  I could actually SEE my belt as my stomach was no longer hanging over my pants!  My love handles (while still there) seem to be shrinking as well and when I turn to my profile view, I don't see a "gut" sticking out!  I felt...thin! (er)  Hear me when I say that I have a lot more work to do (like about 30lbs more work), but it's such an amazing feeling when you see that you are making progress and you look better, it makes you FEEL better about yourself!  It was definitely enough of a motivator for me to finish strong in Week 5 and get jacked up for Week 6!  In a sense.....I shrunk my stomach!!! :-)

So that is the deal so far, tonight will be my cardio night and I'm still torn on how I'm going to burn those 300 calories! LOL.  Swimming sounds nice, but I never feel like I worked out when I swim, even though I do laps (kind of) and it is a workout.  We shall see.  Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keith...I was just reading your blog. I notice that you use Splenda @ 4pts. Why? Have you tried Stevia liquid? Its no points & doesn't spike your blood sugar. Splenda goes thru your body without being absorbed, yes, but they don't know side effects to this sweetener. Stevia is all natural. The liquid is the best. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jody!! The Splenda is 0 pts it was the waffles that were 4pts....I put Splenda on them instead of syrup. I actually am not a fan of Stevia. :-)

    ReplyDelete