Thursday, December 22, 2011

Murder he wrote......Wednesday Recap (Day 38)

"I committed murder and I think I got away, I'm hiding at my mothers house come get me, right away, right away." (Macy Gray anyone?  Colmon or Colene?)  More details to come.  I finally decided to figure out what day we were on, not sure why I got off track with posting that but we are back on!!  Day 38!  Here's the recap...

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl (6pts)
Snack: Apple (0pts)
Lunch: Jimmy Johns Beach Club (no mayo or cheese) w/ Chips (13pts)
Snack: None
Dinner: Turkey Burger w/ Fat Free Cheese & Turkey Bacon and (baked) Steak Fries (11pts)
Snack: Muscle Milk - Post workout -

Daily Points Allowance: 41
Total Points Used: 30
Points Remaining: 11
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 0
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 49
Activity Points Earned (Today): 10
Activity Points Used (Today): 8 (Swapped for Bonus Point deficit)
Activity Points Earned (Week): 10 (Goal is 25)
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

So let's talk about the blog title for a moment.  When I say that I committed murder, what I mean to say is Travis Steffan from Workout Box committed murder, ON MY LEGS!  Today was Week 6 Day 1 of Inferno Standard and the first time that they have increased my # of sets from 3 to 4! OH MY STARS!  I had to do 4 sets of Jump Squats w/dumbbells, standard squats w/dumbbells and regular squats.  The rep counts were 12, 10, 10, 8 for the Jump Squats and Dumbbell Squats and 18 for all four sets of standard squats.  This was followed by 4 sets of alternating lunges w/dumbbells in rep counts of 12,10,10,8 done w/ two weight sets.  My legs were DEAD at the end of this workout, I could barely make it down the stairs of the gym to go home!!  Then of course they had me doing plank elbow raises with leg lifts during abs.  I mean I honestly think Travis is INSANE.  How do you expect me to run 2 miles for cardio, kill my legs with squats and lunges and then have any amount of energy left to do LEG LIFTS while holding my entire weight up by my elbow???  30 seconds of Bicycle Crunches and 2 minutes 20 Seconds of standard crunches over a medicine ball rounded out Day 1.

If I learned anything from this workout it was that you cannot get results from doing nothing.  Being one of the people who used to sit around and complain about being fat and yo-yo dieting and pretending like I was trying but never seeing real results I can say that you have to get up off the couch, put the fork down and workout!  I am a firm believer in Weight Watchers because it keeps my diet in check and I know I have been successful with it.  But WW alone won't give you the body you want, for those results you have to work for it and that means getting into a gym or doing some type of hardcore home program.  Having a structured workout each day has really helped me improve my effectiveness at the gym.  I used to go and run a mile on the treadmill and think I did something.  Don't get me wrong....running for a mile is no quick task and is DEFINITELY better than not doing anything!  But being able to go to the gym and follow a routine and getting to learn which machines and exercises work which muscles has been a great learning experience for me and the real reason behind my success so far.  So yes, while I will continue to gripe and complain about the intensity and at times INSANITY of my workouts from Workout Box, I know that at the end of the day when I step on that scale each Monday and keep seeing a loss, it's working!

I also want to thank everyone who is following my blog.  My blog has reached over 700 views since I began just 38 days ago!  Thank you guys so much for your motivation and encouragement and the comments!  I apparently have a small following in Russia and Germany! LOL.  I've had over 100 views from people there as well, so I guess you could say I am world renowned?! :-)

It definitely helped my mood and motivation level to get back in the gym yesterday and I am looking forward to getting in again this evening!!!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment