Thursday, December 15, 2011

Here's the story.....of a treadmill? (Wednesday Recap)

Wednesday was my day off from work and it was very relaxing.  I also took a day off from the gym after two pretty intense days on Inferno Standard.  I'm geared up and ready for Day 3! Here's a recap:

Breakfast: None
Snack: None
Lunch: McDonald's Cheeseburger w/ fries (26pts)
Snack: None
Dinner: Pancakes w/ turkey bacon and egg beaters (12pts)
Snack: 1/2 Cup Edy's Fat Free Frozen Yogurt No Sugar Added (2pts)

Daily Points Allowance: 42
Total Points Used: 40
Points Remaining: 2
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 0
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 49
Activity Points Earned (Today): 0
Activity Points Used (Today): 0
Activity Points Earned (Week): 14 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 9
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

So I previously promised you a story from the vaults and was having a difficult time remembering one that was entertaining, but after talking with my boss about some of our past gym follies I came up with a pretty good one!  So here you go...

This story goes back nearly 12 years (another story that Julie will appreciate).  When I first started working at the gym at the Chase Park Plaza I was totally new to fitness of any kind and pretty much learned everything as I went.  Julie was instrumental in teaching me how to use most of the equipment when I was training.  One of the most basic pieces of equipment is the treadmill, totally self explanatory and easy to use, right?  Well being new to working out sometimes even the most simple of concepts can be complex.  I began walking on the treadmill to warm up before my workout.  A nice even and steady pace.  I'm listening to my CD Walkman (that sounds SO ancient! LOL) and just getting lost in the music...this was back when all the house music and club mixes were the "in" thing.  I slowly begin to increase the speed in keeping with the tempo of the music.  Eventually I am running at a pretty good clip (probably 5-6mph) and feeling great.  After several minutes at this speed I need to take a quick breather, so I jump on either side of the belt so that I could rest. (Note: The treadmill belt is STILL running at 5-6mph)  As I catch my breath and prepare to get back on the treadmill, I take a drink of water and hit the next track on the CD.  Not really thinking about what I was doing (more caught up in the music) I step onto the treadmill....forgetting that it is still going at 5-6mph...well...as you can imagine I did not remain upright for long...as my other foot hit the moving belt, I was flung off the treadmill backwards and onto the floor.  OW!  A lady on the elliptical next to me came and shut off the treadmill and of course everyone was asking me if I was ok.  I was fine...the only thing that really got hurt was my dignity...I was very embarrassed!  Needless to say I was done with the treadmill at that point.  Ever since then I've always hit the "PAUSE" button on the treadmill BEFORE I step off the belt!

Ah the pains we endure trying to lose weight...what fun!  Well today will be Day 3 of Week 5...all I have to do is burn 300 calories...should be easy!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment