Saturday, December 3, 2011

Much Needed Sleep.....(Catch Up)

I apologize for skipping a blog day but last night after running some errands and having dinner I was exhausted and fell asleep.  I was desperately in need of a good 8+ hours of sleep for once.  Normally I get between 6 and 7 since I workout late at night.  Here's the recap:

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage D-lite Sandwich (English Muffin) w/ a banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Spaghetti w/ meatballs
Snack: Blackberries w/ Splenda & Hot Chocolate
Dinner: FREE ZONE FRIDAY! :-)  Penn Station Chicken Parm sandwich w/Fries
Snack: 1 cup of "Founders Favorite" ice cream from Cold Stone

You may be wondering about "Free Zone Friday".  Let me explain.....anyone who is following each day gets to see exactly what I eat every day, nothing is withheld.  So you know that 90-95% of my meals are health conscious and nutritious meals.  In order to stay on track, it is important to indulge once in a while as it helps satisfy the cravings we normally have for "junk food".  The key to indulging is moderation and portion control.  I don't over indulge every day, I don't have a "FREE DAY" for the whole day.  I typically will treat myself to something "bad (but good)" 1 or 2 meals a week.  Last night what I really wanted was a pizza or Chinese food.  I knew if I got a pizza I would likely get bread sticks or wings too and eat those along with most of the pizza.  Bad idea.  If I ordered Chinese I'd be inclined to get the bigger portions w/ crab Rangoon and egg rolls to boot and I NEVER leave left over Chinese food.  Another bad idea.  So a chicken parm sandwich at Penn Station seemed like it would do the trick.  The marinara and toasty bread would satisfy my pizza craving and the fries would satisfy my "salty" needs!  The plus side is, once the sandwich and fries are gone....that's the end of the meal.  I can't go back for seconds or thirds! :-)  On the plus side I didn't even eat all the fries!  The "Founders Favorite" ice cream was a little bonus for myself, I felt like I deserved it.  Again, I didn't over do it, I only had a cup.  But it was SOOOOO good!!!  I did start out trying to just spoon from the container, but Mac stopped me and said I should put it in a bowl.  Better idea, as I can control the portion much easier! :-)  After all that goodness I curled up w/ the pups and went to sleep.

Fear not!  I rose early this morning and trekked off to the gym for my cardio workout that I missed on Friday.  Day 3 of Week 3 - Inferno Standard.  It was a simple cardio workout to burn 250 calories.  I actually enjoyed working out in the morning, it made me feel awake and refreshed, got my body going!! (I may have to try this more often!)  I will finish up week 3 Day 4 either this evening or tomorrow.  I can't believe it's almost week 4!!!  Until then kids.....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment