Saturday, December 17, 2011

To Use or Not to Use....That is the question! (Friday Recap)

I would say that I was glad it was Friday but I'm still in my work week, so it doesn't make a difference to me!  But I am glad for the weekend and with my grocery shopping and house cleaning out of the way already I can focus on Christmas shopping and relaxing!!!  Here's the recap:

Breakfast: Muscle Milk -
Snack: Special K Bar (2pts)
Lunch: Jimmy Johns Turkey & Ham no mayo or cheese w/ chips (12pts)
Snack: WW Yogurt - Mixed Berry (2pts)
Dinner: Bandanas BBQ - Beef & Pork Platter w/ baked beans and coleslaw, garlic toast and donut holes for desert (49pts)
Snack: Jell-O pudding (Post Workout) (2pts)

Daily Points Allowance: 42
Total Points Used: 42
Points Remaining: 0
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 10
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 39
Activity Points Earned (Today): 6
Activity Points Used (Today): 15
Activity Points Earned (Week): 20 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 0
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

So the question on the table is whether or not it's wise to use the bonus points on the WW program.  I say, why not?  That's what they are there for and typically I only use a few each week.  So last night when I was deciding on dinner I kept that in mind and ending up going with Bandanas BBQ.  Now for those of you who have never heard of Bandanas, it is quite tasty and their garlic bread is amazing!  Which is the exact point that this meal went from ok to WOAH! LOL.  The carbs are really what got me here, that and the protein.  I admit that I get a little frustrated with WW that protein is so factored into the points, I mean whoever got fat eating protein?  But I get it, it's a formula and everything is accounted for.  So the garlic bread and oh yeah, the fried donut holes! Whoops!  But they are SOOOOOOO good!  Needless to say the meal itself was delicious and as indulgent as it was it only cost me 49 points....I know it SOUNDS like a lot...but for me it was worth it!  I did workout afterwards so I soaked up some of the damage with activity points! LOL.  I still have 39 bonus points remaining and 1 more workout to complete which will likely give me around 6-7 more activity points, so no worries. 

Friday's workout was only to burn 300 calories.  I did 25 minutes on the elliptical trainer and bested the guidelines by burning 310! LOL.

It's a nice day outside, despite being cold, but I'm inside at work where it is warm and just finished baking some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. (Stares at banana)  This may be a long day.....LOL.  Today's workout will be Week 5 Day 4 and we will say goodbye to Week 5....that kind of went by fast!  Until then kids.....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment