Sunday, December 18, 2011

Life's a "V" and then you....crunch? (2 day recap)

For some reason Chinese food knocks me the freak out!  I have a 2 day recap here for you and I apologize but I fell fast asleep after dinner last night and was down for the count....

Saturday:
Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl w/ Banana (6pts)
Snack: Special K Bar (2pts)
Lunch: Healthy Choice Chicken Verde (4pts)
Snack; Special K Bar & Banana (2pts)
Dinner: Sweet & Sour Chicken w/ Fried Rice & Egg Roll (38pts)
Snack: Fortune Cookie (1pts)

Daily Points Allowance: 42
Total Points Used: 42
Points Remaining: 0
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 9
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 30
Activity Points Earned (Today): 0
Activity Points Used (Today): 1
Activity Points Earned (Week): 20 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 0
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

Sunday:
Pre-Workout: Muscle Milk -
Breakfast: Ham, Egg & Cheese on a Bagel (15pts)
Snack: Special K Bar (2pts)
Lunch: None
Snack: WW Yogurt (2pts)
Dinner: Tyson Beef Stew Kit w/ Biscuits (17pts)
Snack: Edy's Sugar/Fat Free Frozen Yogurt w/ Bananas & Cool Whip (6pts)
Extra Bite: Edy's Whole Fruit Bar (2pts)

Daily Points Allowance: 42
Total Points Used: 42
Points Remaining: 0
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 2
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 39
Activity Points Earned (Today): 11
Activity Points Used (Today): 0
Activity Points Earned (Week): 31 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 0
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points

What a fun two days.  Nothing actually exciting, worked both days.  Gorgeous weather today!!  Hit the gym to finish off Week 5 Day 4!  I normally do not workout on Sundays (for both physical and religious reasons) but poor planning and a lack of sleep on my part left me in a bind to keep on schedule.  Had a great workout, ran 3 miles and burned almost 500 calories.  Took a slower approach this time and completed it in 34 minutes.  The remainder of the workout was legs, biceps, triceps and yes Abs!

Today they introduced the "Russian Twist" which is where you take a weighted medicine ball, sit up, feet off the floor and twist your torso from left to right in opposition of the ball....um...yeah not so much.  Do I look like Chubby Checker? (don't answer that!)  Then they had me doing "V" situps!  Huh?  I watched the video for this online first and I thought....is this a joke?  I mean I coulda had a V-8...Really though!!  This is where you lay back, arms stretched out and sit up by bringing your arms and legs together, making your body form a "V" shape while contracting your abs.  All I can say is..thank goodness it was only for 25 seconds....whew!!  Then a finale of 120 seconds of crunches....I better have a 6 pack when this is over...I'm just sayin....

So I signed up for my first 5K in April.  A best gal pal of mine convinced me to sign up with her to motivate both of us...she of course is already fit as you can be, but is always pushing herself to stay in shape and me...well you already know my story, and if you don't....go back to "Day 1" on my blog and catch up! LOL.  Luckily my cardio sections are already 3 miles....I just need to hone in the skills to keep up pace and get my endurance in check!  I am confident I'll be ready by then!! 

Perfect time for a story.....(not necessarily about weight loss, but on topic w/ my 5k challenge)

This same gal pal along with her other half, Mac and myself and some other friends went on vacay to Gulf Shores a few years back.  We had the time of our lives!!  One day we decided to head over to the "touristy" part of town and see what we could get into.  Now keep in mind the night before we had been up pretty late partaking in libations and spirits quite heavily (another reason I no longer drink!)  We decide to have lunch at a popular spot called "The Hangout".  Being somewhat hungover we ordered the greasiest food we could, including fried pickles!  We gorged ourselves on food and drink.  That day at The Hangout incidentally there was a radio station set up and holding all sorts of contests, one of which was a "Sack Race"....well my gal pal signed up for it first and then taunted me enough to go sign up too....if for nothing else other than the free t-shirt!  Another point of interest, it was about 115 degrees that day and this was an outdoor race!  Let's do the math real quick here.....late night of drinking + heavy, greasy lunch + 115 degrees + sack race = NO GOOD!  I digress.....she and I end up in the same starting race....as we stand there in the sweltering heat in our BURLAP sacks, just before the announcer says "GO"...she leans over to me and says "I feel like I'm going to throw up"....."GO!!!!" and we are off!!!  For a second I wonder if she really will vomit...but my mind is caught up in winning the race....I leap off through the sand hoping she will be ok and hop my way to victory!  I don't think she even left the finish line! LOL.  I made it through 2 other rounds and finished 3rd overall and all I got was a lousy t-shirt! LOL.  Good times and great memories though!!!

Well that's all I have for now...this week begins Week 6 and then of course Christmas....better save those bonus and activity points kids....we are gonna need them for the weekend!!!  Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment