Monday, December 5, 2011

The End of Week 3 & Introducing My Points! (Day 20)

Just back from the gym and I gotta tell ya kids....no joke...details to come but first, a recap:

Today being the 1st Sunday of the month was Fast Sunday, in accordance with that I did not have breakfast, lunch or snacks in between so meal tracking starts with dinner.

Dinner: Country Style Pork Ribs (BBQ) - 3-4oz (6pts)
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes - 1 cup (6pts)
2 Biscuits (10pts)
Snack: 1 1/2 Cups of "Founders Favorite" Ice Cream (18pts)
Post workout: Banana w/ reduced fat peanut butter - 3 tbsp (7pts)
Total Points Used = 47
Daily Points Allowance = 42
Weekly Bonus Used = 5
Weekly Bonus Allowance = 49
Weekly Bonus Remaining = 24
Activity Points Earned (Week) = 34
Activity Points Used (Week)= 34

Ok, so you will notice something a bit different about my meal recap.  I was thinking about how it sounds sometimes reading about all the "treats" I allot for myself and what some people may see as me "falling off the wagon" is really me utilizing the WW system as it was designed.  So I decided to start listing out the amount of points I eat throughout the day and how I use my points each week including any Activity Points I earn and bonus points I use.  I only log Activity Points for exercise and my weekly goal is 25.  I think this will help everyone better understand the method to my madness and also for anyone on WW Points Plus to get some creative ideas on using their points to the fullest.

I have the WW app on my iPhone that helps me track everything I eat and all the activity I decide to log each day so I stay on track and accountable.  I purposely look for ways to utilize the Activity Points I earn throughout the week and if warranted any bonus points that I choose.  This is how WW is set up.  I don't have to use any of the extra points or I can use all of them, it's up to me and I think spelling it out may help me better see the choices I'm making as well as be informative for those following along.  I always like to look at my points as money.  I get $42 every day to spend on whatever I want.  When you think of that way.....and you go to eat lunch and you want pizza, when you figure out that 2 slices of pizza will cost you $22, suddenly it takes on a new meaning!  I mean that is some EXPENSIVE pizza!! :-)  It may sound like a silly way of doing things, but it definitely helps.  My boss and I laugh at each other when we are craving junk and she'll say "Do you really want to spend $7 for a cookie?" LOL.  Believe me....it helps avoid a lot of pitfalls!

So there ya have it and there you are, introducing My Points for the world to see! :-)

Today's workout was Day 4 of Week 3 on Inferno Standard.  I have to tell you I did the stationery bike today and I really was having a tough time making it through the 24 minutes of speed intervals.  I was pretty exhausted halfway through.  I pressed on while watching Gossip Girl, but it was difficult!  The strength training was pretty decent.  I've been doing similar exercises for 3 weeks now, it has become routine.  I can't wait until I switch it all up in week 5....I'm kind of getting sedentary in my motivation with the same routine each week.  But only 1 more week and then we ramp it up (oh my word...I'm channeling Debbie Siebers!!!)...Now I know I need to rest! LOL.  Tomorrow is weigh-in day...wish me luck!! Although with all the weight lifting I don't know how much I should be expecting to lose as they say you gain muscle and the scale may not change much but you look better.....still I'd like to see 1-2 pounds coming off tomorrow.....cross your fingers!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

2 comments:

  1. Its interesting to hear you talk about the pointsplus with $$. I didn't think of it like that. I'm only 2 weeks in on WW. I also don't have an activity goal for the week, which is also a good plan. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody....the reference of WW points to money really makes you think twice before you eat certain things...you should give it a try....when you start adding up those dollars all of a sudden you start getting real stingy and cheap! LOL. Who want's to spend $47 for chinese food! I hope you are doing well on the plan and be sure you get an activity goal set...setting goals is the first step to meeting them! :-)

    ReplyDelete