Friday, January 27, 2012

What...the flip...was that? (Oooh peanut butter & bananas!)

I"m not exactly sure who thought it was a great plan or why but my workout tonight was re-dang-diculous!  At first glance it seems as though it should be short and sweet....yeah not so much!  Check it:

It started off with a 5k run!  Now I've ran 3 miles before but in intervals of varying speeds, this was a full on steady pace.  I started around 5.5mph and ended with 7.6mph and of course it wasn't just to 3 miles...no no...a full 5k is 3.1 miles!  Now you think...what's another 1/10th of a mile....well let me tell you...when you've been blazing along at 7mph and are trying to reign it in...kicking it up to 7.6mph so you can blitz that last 1/10th of a mile is killer!  So I get off the treadmill...drenched in sweat...clocking 3.1 miles in only 31:44!  Dead.

Then we move on to weights and strength training.  The 1st round is 3 sets and the rest of the circuits are 2 sets...seems simple enough.  The reps in each set are 15 and 12. Fine.  Today was all about chest, back and shoulders and I am here to say....looks can be deceiving!  Just trying to push through those two sets was a chore!  My sets are usually comprised of 8-10 reps so kicking it up to 15 and 12 was intense!  My arms literally felt like they would fall off.  It was the first time that I was truly struggling through my sets.  Nonetheless I completed them all.

So THEN after allll of that we finish with abs.  Now normally my routines end with 1 set of ridiculous ab workouts and then we're done, but today....well today of course we have to do 2 sets!  Starting with crunches with a WEIGHTED medicine ball over my head for 40 seconds...then standard crunches with my hands over my head for 90 seconds...followed by 30 seconds of alternating Superman's, and repeat! UGH!

I got up off that gym floor and was so over it!  I pushed through the whole workout, but I wasn't happy about it! LOL.  I have no clue why Travis Steffen thought that collaboration was ok, but it was not. :-)

Meanwhile I tried a new recipe from Hungry Girl tonight.  The recipe consisted of slicing a banana up and mixing up fat free Cool whip and Reduced Fat Peanut Butter together and putting that mixture between two banana slices and freezing them.  When I got home from the gym it was the first thing I reached for!  I actually think they would have been better NOT frozen, although I get the concept.  The peanut butter and Cool whip mixture was DELISH, then again I'd eat peanut butter with almost (I repeat almost) anything!  Not sure I'll try it again....but if I do I will definitely NOT freeze them.  Last night I made mini pizzas with whole wheat English muffins and turkey pepperoni (another Hungry Girl recipe)...now those were YUMMY!  I could have 4 of those for the same points as a slice of pizza almost!  Definitely a repeat!  If you missed my blog on Hungry Girl, please check it out...or go to www.hungry-girl.com to find out more. (THANKS COLMON AND VIC FOR GETTING ME HOOKED!  I was skeptical at first...but now I'm in love! LOL)

I'm signing off now because my arms need rest....after all this torture in the gym, somebody better find my abs real super soon! LOL.  Just over 15lbs to go to hit my goal!!!  We end week 10 tomorrow...although week 11 looks ROUGH....oy!  That's all I have for now.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment