Monday, January 16, 2012

8 Weeks Down....18 to go!!!

Well I first must apologize for my delayed update as I realize now it has been more than a couple of days since my last post.  I was so focused on wrapping up week 8 workouts in 3 days and had a jam packed weekend of activities and I forgot to find time to blog! Whoops!

Let's start off with a victory shout out....Week 8 is officially over and we are on a 1 week "Active Rest" this week!  Halleloo!  While I fully intend on resting, I have to keep up with cardio so I don't get into a slothful routine before Week 10 begins!  I can't believe how fast 8 weeks have gone by and I am excited at the progress I've made!

Throughout the past 8 weeks I've had a lot of ups and a few downs.  I've eaten really well and a few times really bad!  I've lost, had a slight gain, dropped a pants size and have definitely started to see the formation of some muscles under the fat layers! LOL.  Slowly but surely I am getting to my goal and I am grateful for those who have and continue to support me in this effort.  To those of you going through your own journey, I applaud you for taking on the challenge and offer you my full support and encouragement to achieve your goals!

Diet wise, this weekend was NOT my finest hour, I have to admit.  We had a delicious steak dinner Friday night with friends to celebrate Mac and our friend Christy's birthdays, on Saturday I gave into the Chinese temptation and Sunday was a casual get together for football and food and yes there was birthday cake involved!  I also somehow ended up with french toast and sausage before the night was over! YIKES!  I'm certain any bonus points I had before the weekend began were gone by that point and then some!

Today was officially weigh-in day, but due to my indulgence yesterday I am postponing weigh-in until tomorrow to give my body some time to filter out all the sodium it encountered this weekend! LOL.  So stay tuned for those results tomorrow!

My boss introduced me to Peanut Butter Cheerios today and let me just say....oh my stars they are DELICIOUS!  Amazingly the same point value as Honey Nut Cheerios and they make a great munching snack!  Definitely on the must try list for everyone out there in blog land!

I hope you all enjoy this beautiful day and get ready for more snow tomorrow....only in St. Louis!

Be Healthy and Be You!

Sincerely,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment