Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dear Yoga DVD Makers.....(A 2 day rewind)

So I was chastised by one of my faithful followers because she felt my blog description "A daily dose of my life" was misleading as I have failed to blog every day.  First and foremost my apologies to the masses whomever you are for not keeping my end of the deal and doing a blog every single day of my life.  While initially it was my intent, life happens and I sometimes miss out on a day here and there.  I will try to do better and give you an update each day of some sort! :-)  (all in the spirit of love of course....she's a best gal pal of mine and I love her dearly.)  Thanks for the reminder to keep up and keep me motivated!!

That in mind I feel like it's time for a slight overhaul in how I blog to you each day.  After re-reading through my blogs I felt like the daily list of points and what I was eating got to be a bit redundant and unnecessary.  I'm not sure it is all that important or interesting for everyone to know what I eat everyday, so instead I will just do an overall points recap.

Thursday: Used 41 of 41 Daily Points. 0 Bonus/Activity Points Used
Friday: Used 41 of 41 Daily Points. 14 Activity Points Used, 11 Bonus Points Used

Friday I will admit I got a little indulgent and we ordered pizza for dinner and I snuck in a few Oreos for dessert!  Whoops!  Luckily I killed myself and burned nearly 300 calories doing EA Sports Active, that at least took care of the Oreos right? :-)

Now after my workout I went into the Yoga DVD and thought I'd give it a whirl again.  I went on to Flexibility and Strength.  I don't know if it's because I'm still a little fatty, a total novice to Yoga or just plain incapable, but this lady had me fuming about 5 minutes in.  How am I supposed to watch you and keep my head between my knees with my eyes closed and breathe normally 3 times!  She kept going like I just know what's coming, because I've done this routine a hundred times.  Ma'am....it's called a BEGINNERS Yoga DVD.  I'd hate to see what an advanced DVD session is like....I turned it off in frustration after a few minutes.

Tomorrow I am taking a Yoga 101 Workshop at our gym from 10-12.  I'm hoping this will be a TRUE beginners introduction to Yoga and help me get a better understanding of the poses and how to get started.  We shall see!

Dear Yoga DVD Makers.....YOU SUCK!  How do I get my money back! LOL. (I tried that once with the makers of the Dancing With the Stars dance workout DVD's and got shut down....sigh)

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and some relaxation!  My  brother is coming to town in a few days...can't wait to see him!!!!  It's rare that my family ever makes it out this way so it will be a real treat...even if it is just for a lunch! :-) 

Enjoy the beautiful spring like weather this weekend....it likely won't last!  Tomorrow will wrap up Week 7 Day 4!  One more week and then we get a week off (per schedule) can't wait!!!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment