Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Biggest Loser....

I'm not certain what prompted me to begin watching The Biggest Loser but I came across it on Netflix and decided to start with Season 1.  I got hooked after the first episode.  This show was so inspiring to watch all of these people who are far more overweight than I am work so hard for something that we all want but seldom achieve.  The show is packed with emotion, heartache, victory, celebration and determination.  It really is a roller coaster ride to the end!  I finally finished Season 1 (in 2 days!) and the winner lost 122lbs!  Now I don't have that much to lose, but how motivating is that?  I watched these people pass up pizza, fried chicken, cake, cookies, ice cream, pasta, everything that could possible throw them off track they resisted. (Made me feel bad for that donut I ate yesterday! LOL)  It really gave me a new appreciation and respect for what I am trying to do for myself and the focus to keep moving forward.  If you haven't seen the show I highly recommend watching it, you won't be able to resist getting up and working out afterwards!

Today I closed out Week 10.  My workout was fairly simple, starting with 2 miles of cardio then a little bit of leg workouts and then a big focus on biceps!  The ab portion was the easiest ab routine I've done throughout this whole program!  I'm amazed at how far I've come in 10 weeks.  When I first started I could barely hold myself up for a few seconds and now I can power through 30 seconds of plank with ease!  Crunches still get me but I can do more of those in a row than before too.  My weight amounts have increased on my exercises and I just feel stronger!  I'm 3 weeks away from being half way done with Inferno Standard and I can't wait!!

I can tell that my metabolism has increased dramatically because I am hungry ALL THE TIME! LOL.  I eat my normal meals throughout the day (I eat 3 regular meals and 3 snacks) but I find myself starving even after having just eaten.  I think I need to evaluate my caloric intake vs. what I am burning off with my workouts because I may not be taking in enough to sustain my workouts and that's not a good thing!  Then again, neither is being hungry all the time! LOL.
I have a huge desire to want to help others be successful in their weight loss efforts and to encourage and motivate people to get started and keep going!  I want people to know that it IS possible to be skinny and you don't have to settle for being fat anymore.  It's not easy, it's not fun but in the end it will all be worth it.  I've got a few ideas cranking in my head..so stay tuned...you never know what I'm going to come up with! :-)

That's all I have today.  I hope you all have a fantastic week and I wish you the very best in succeeding at your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment