Thursday, January 26, 2012

Here just take this pill and it will all go away!

Yesterday I completed Week 10 Day 2 which was just a short cardio workout!  I burned 340 calories and did nearly 3 miles on the elliptical in only 21 minutes!  It was quite invigorating!!!  Day 3 will commence this evening!

If you know me you know that I am a skeptic at heart but I'll try (most) anything once.  I'm usually the one who falls for the "As Seen On Tv" scam products just to see if they work.  For example, recently I bought the "Fast Brite" headlight restorer product.  $10 late my headlights look the same as they did before I put that on.  Fail.  This adds to numerous other things I have bought over the years that promised a miracle but delivered no results.

When it comes to weight loss there seems to be no limit on what we will try in order to lose weight.  Everyone wants the quickest and least painful way to lose weight with the best results.  Now there are products out there that will cause you to lose weight but there are catches.

1. If you lose weight fast it usually comes back plus more.
2. If you lose weight too slow you think the product isn't working.
3. All you really lose is water weight.
4. Pills/supplements give you terrible side effects.
5. Sometimes the product requires a strict diet plan for a sustained period of time.

These are just a few of the roadblocks you might run into when venturing into the world of weight loss products.  What I find amazing is if you look at the fine print on most of these products it says "Use of this product in conjunction with exercise and a sensible diet...."  Come on!  It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.  You don't have to spend $30 on a bottle of pills....any person that incorporates a sensible meal plan and daily exercise is going to lose weight.  What I can guarantee you is that there is NOT a pill, liquid or other product that will allow you to eat ALL that you want and WHATEVER you want and still lose weight.

One particular product I recently came across was something called "Full Bar".  Now the concept here is to eat one of these pre-packaged meal bars and drink 2 full glasses of water before your meal.  The intention was that it helped you to eat less by filling up your stomach prior to eating.  WELL DUH!  Even if you just drank the two big glasses of water before each meal you will be fuller and are likely to eat less.  Why do I need to spend $20 for a box of your bars to help me eat less?  Grab 2 rice cakes and call it a day!

The reason I bring all of this up is that I was at Walgreens the other night and walked by the "Nutrition" section and saw row after row of weight loss products.  All of them claiming dramatic results and huge promises of a sleek super toned physique.  If it were that easy, this blog would have been over 2 months ago. LOL.  I was overwhelmed at the many different products that are out there and I understand why people get so carried away and confused.  It's very important to do your research and read the reviews for anything you are looking to purchase.  This includes workout equipment, DVD's etc.  There are plenty of machines out there that claim to "blast the fat away" but trust me when I say, if a lean body was as simple as rocking back and forth in a chair that massages your back at the same time, obesity would be obsolete in the world! :-)

Real, lasting weight loss takes time and effort.  I'm not saying you have to kill yourself or starve yourself, in fact it's quite the opposite.  Whatever you choose to do be smart about it and make sure it's something that you can maintain.  Anything that promises the world in 30 days probably isn't worth your time or money!

Keep it real and keep it safe! :-)  That's all I have today!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment