Tuesday, January 3, 2012

If at first you don't succeed, just repeat it next week.....(Monday recap)

So my pre-new years slothfulness led to my week 7 demise and I have to begin again.  No worries though, my body kind of needed a break and I still had a great week losing 2.4lbs!  Clothes are fitting much better and I'm definitely seeing a difference in the mirror.  Trust me when I say we have a ways to go, but it's definitely starting to show progress!  Here's a recap:

Breakfast: Wheat English Muffin, Turkey Sausage Patty w/ Fat Free Cheese (6pts)
Snack: Pear (0pts)
Lunch: Turkey Salad - no bread (14pts)
Snack: Special K Bar (2pts)
Dinner: Country Style BBQ Ribs (no bone) Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, 1 dinner roll (11pts)
Snack: 100 Calorie Cupcakes (3pts)
Post Workout: Muscle Milk Lite

Daily Points Allowance: 41
Total Points Used: 36
Points Remaining: 5
Bonus Points Allowed (Week): 49*
Used (Today): 0
Bonus Points Remaining (Week): 49*
Activity Points Earned (Today): 6
Activity Points Used (Today): 0
Activity Points Earned (Week): 6 (Goal is 25)
Activity Points Remaining (Week): 6
*I swap earned Activity Points for Bonus Points first before I start using my actual bonus points.

I am glad to have started Week 7 over again because it gets me back into the weekly routine instead of running 2 weeks back to back in the same week, which was exhausting!  I need to give my Yoga DVD a try again and start doing some major stretching after my workouts, I'm slightly afraid of that lady on there however. LOL.

I was online last night and an advertisement popped up for something called "6 Week Body Makeover".  Now when I read this title I'm thinking....6 weeks to makeover your whole body?  Must be some incredible program because I'm going into week 7 on what I feel like is a pretty solid training routine and I haven't "made over" my body, improved it yes, but no a "makeover".  So I read on being the curious person that I am.  Of course it boasts that you can eat all of the wonderful foods you already love, workout less and still LOSE WEIGHT!  WOW!  So I can eat more, workout less and still TRANSFORM MY BODY?  Who knew it was so simple.  I watched the 2 minute infomercial ad they had on the website and everyone is spouting off all the weight they have lost..."I lost 42lbs.." "I lost 65lbs.." "I dropped 185lbs.."  Now you can imagine that it would be impossible if not illogical for anyone to lose 42lbs in 6 weeks, let alone 185lbs.  I'm a skeptic at heart.  When they continue in the commercial you hear the truth..."I lost 42lbs in 6 months..."  "I dropped 185lbs in under a year..."  Ok, please call me crazy but what happened to the 6 week makeover?  Is like one of those "Yo Mamma" jokes (yo mamma so dumb it takes her an hour to make minute rice)?  What am I missing here?  Well then the little fine print and voice over tells you "Make over your body in AS LITTLE as 6 weeks."  Ah.....so there is no real 6 week magic miracle.  I think one person on the site said they dropped 10lbs in 6 weeks...while that certainly is commendable it is hardly a "makeover".

As I read reviews on the program, most people do lose weight in 6 weeks but admit it is not a sustainable program as your portions are strict and you have to pretty much pre-measure and prepare your meals to stay on target.  Naturally they give you a 6 week money back guarantee that if you don't lose weight they will refund your money.  They claim the whole plan is customized to you yet you get a set of pre-recorded DVD's and pre-printed materials.  How is this customized to me?  I promise you that anyone who struggles with weight loss, if you restrict your portions and cut calories for 6 weeks you WILL lose weight, you don't need a program to spell it out for you.

This is why I love Weight Watchers.  It's a program that in it's most basic form is all about portion control, but the reason people pay for the system is to be held accountable and have a structure to abide by.  I can control portions on my own, but with no system in place to hold me accountable I'm more likely to "jump off the wagon" a lot.  Weight Watchers is fully customized because YOU decide what you eat and WHEN you eat.  Your activity is up to YOU.  I stand behind this system because I know it works, it works for me!

Just wanted to share some bits of interesting information I found while scanning the net! :-)  Be careful out there...a lot of programs will promise you the world and may even give it to you, but at what cost and is it long term?  Ask yourself these questions before you buy into anything......

Today is Week 7 Day 2, bring it on!

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment