Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Magic Pop...It's not what you think!

Can't believe 2 days have gone by without a blog.  I really gotta get a handle on that! LOL.

Yesterday was weigh-in day and here are your results....let's dim the lights....here we go:

Starting Weight on WW: 209.0lbs
Monday's Weight: 195.6lbs
Difference: -13.6lbs

That's an average of about 1-1.5lbs per week.  May not seem like much, but a gradual weight loss is much easier to maintain and keep off than losing 30lbs in a month!  I'm 20.6lbs from my goal weight of 175lbs!  I can't wait to reach it!  Keep with me, I promise we will get there together!!

So today at the store I broke down and bought this stuff called "Magic Pop".  Some kind of Korean snack that some lady invented from brown rice and wheat.  Now I bought them because 1.  I keep seeing them in the stores with all this signage about BUY MAGIC POP and 2. Because it said 3 of them were still 0 WW points.  I'm a sucker for anything that's 0 points.  I got them home and had to try one.  Now first let me attest that they come in 3 flavors, plain, cinnamon and onion.  I got the plain.  I might has well have been eating air with a TINGE of salt.  Kind of like inhaling the air at the beach and you can taste the salt in the air.  Now I will say that had a SLIGHT crunch to them which makes them a nifty munchie killer....and you get 3 and they are pretty large in circumference.  The look like puffed up tortillas.  I kind of wanted to try the cinnamon to see if it had any more flavor but they only had plain.  I encourage you to pick up a pack and try it out.....but don't be fooled by it's looks...it's not what you think!

I have to say that I am so inspired to see so many people beginning weight loss journeys this year.  Now I know that January is the PEAK time for everyone to decide to "really do it this year" and then we end up falling off the wagon.  I feel fortunate to have began this well before the new year and not have it as part of my resolutions.  For those of you who are just beginning I applaud you and hope you stick to it!  Whatever plan or program you are following I hope it works and you can sustain!  I give you this advice....it will not be easy, you will dread it, you will try and find excuses to not do it.  Don't let that derail you!  Get up off that couch and get to it!  When you start to see real results (and it's going to take a few weeks) you will find the inner motivation to keep going and to push yourself harder!  Remember why you are doing it and what your ultimate goal is.  If you have a bad day or skip a workout, don't beat yourself up, just get back to it the next day and don't look back!  I encourage you to start a blog, a journal, a diary....some source of accountability!  It will only help you!

Also some advice.....don't think that you have to KILL yourself to get into shape!  I've seen several people start the "Insanity" workout series.  I'm guessing because of all it promises.  For me (and this is just my opinion)..anything that they have to call "Insanity" probably isn't a feasible long term option.  I've watched some of the DVD's and the people MAKING the DVD are falling out during the workout...and they are IN SHAPE!  What do you think will happen to someone who has never exercised before or is 30-50lbs overweight....make sure you're listening to your body and not OVER doing it!  Doing TOO much can hinder your progress which in turn will frustrate you and cause you to derail.  You need to ensure you are eating enough good calories as well.  Don't be one of these people who has a diet soda and a yogurt for breakfast then a 6" Subway Turkey Sandwich for lunch and raw vegetables for dinner, then kill yourself with "Insanity" and expect to see results.  What you'll end up doing is starving your body and the minute you eat something unhealthy or fattening, your body will suck it up and hold onto it!  There is a science behind the metabolism and starving your body is the WORST thing you can do!  It's OK to eat!  I've posted a couple of articles that I've found helpful and hope you do too:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/41273-calorie-deficit-weight-loss/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/69939-eat-small-meals-increase-metabolism/

Good to luck to everyone on your journey!  If you start a blog please send it to me as I'd love to follow along!  Together we will create a new US! :-)

Until then kids....

The One and Only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment