Monday, November 28, 2011

Too cold to workout! Day 13....

I thought today was going to be sunny and nice!?  So much for that...it was cloudy and cold all day!  I had resolved all day to make today Day 3 of Week 2 of Inferno Standard....to keep up withy my workouts.....you know how it is when you get home and it's cold out, but warm inside, you change into your comfy clothes and settle in for dinner and nightly TV?  There is almost nothing that will convince you to get back out.....well that was me today!  Here's the food recap.....

Breakfast: Egg Beaters, Turkey Bacon and Cheese on a bagel thin
Snack: None
Lunch: Broccoli, Carrots & Almonds w/ lite ranch (sounds minimal, but suprisingly a 6pt lunch)
Snack: None
Dinner: Chili w/ extra lean ground beef
Snack: None

Do back to the reluctance to workout.  I kept debating with myself back and forth on what I wanted to do.  For day 3 I only had to burn 290 calories w/ cardio, there was no strength training to do.  It seemed simple, but I didn't feel like driving 20 minutes to the gym and I hate the treadmill at the gym here in our complex.  What is a guy to do!!  I finally remembered that a while back I purchased EA Sports Active 2 for PS3.  I knew I could get an all over workout and burn the required calories, all in the comfort of my living room!!  So I popped in the game and went to it! I actually completed the workout twice on "Hard" intensity! :-)  It was a great workout...I forgot how much I actually enjoyed that.  I'm glad I rememered having that and glad that I followed through with the workout. 

Sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to keep up, as I mentioned in my first blog, this isn't going to be easy and every day isn't going to be a victory.  Losing weight is about learning and keeping focused.  When I lack motivation for eating right or exercising, I keep going over the long term goal and why I am doing this and keep myself on track.  Does that mean that I will 100% of the time hit my workout goals? No.  Does it mean that every day will be filled with totally healthy meals? No.  What it means is that I know where I want to end up and where I'm coming from, that helps keep me focused and gets me back on track when I fall off.  No plan or person is perfect, if we were none of us would ever be fat! :-)

Here's to the end of week 2! (Actually 1 final day to go tomorrow, which is officially day 14)  Tomorrow is weigh in day....let's hope the holiday feasting and my 1 cup of Starbucks hot chocolate didn't do too much damage! :-)  Until then kids....

The One and Only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment