Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 6: Early Thanksgiving....

Today we had an early Thanksgiving with Macs family and it was super yummy! Against the standard dietary advice, I skipped lunch in order to accommodate a most filling dinner!

Breakfast: Turkey Bacon and Egg Beaters w/cheese breakfast sandwich on a bagel thin w/a banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: None
Snack: 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie
Dinner: Thanksgiving favorites - turkey, dressing, potatoes, casseroles and 1 piece of carmel pecan cheesecake.

I wanted to take a moment to first thank everyone who has sent their words of encouragement and support for my blog and my weight loss.  Your support encourages me to keep going and do better.  I am grateful to those who say that I have inspired them also and send you my support as well!  Please keep sharing this with your friends and family, the more support we all can have, the better!!

Furthermore I want to say that there is A LOT of diet and weight loss information out there.  So much in fact that people (including myself) can get very confused about what is right and what is wrong, what is a hoax and what really works.  The truth of it all is, no one thing works for every single person.  We all metabolize food differently, our bodies carry weight differently, some of us have more weight to lose than others.  There is not a generic coverall that works for every person who wants to lose weight.  You have to find the one that works best for you and your body and lifestyle.  One thing that is for certain, no weight loss is easy, quick, effortless or painless.  You have to work at it.  Pills won't "melt the pounds away" in 2 weeks.  Liquid diets won't make you 10lbs lighter in 48 hours.  Crash dieting is harmful and is not an effective form of weight loss.  I hear people say all the time, "Oh I am only eating 600 calories a day and I'm losing weight!"  Well DUH!  You absolutely will lose weight eating that little.  But once you start eating more than that, it will all come back plus more!  Our bodies naturally burn calories, even by laying in bed all day we burn 1200-2000 calories a day just with normal bodily functions.  When you factor in movement, it's even more.  If you only consume 600 calories a day you are looking at a deficit of up to 1400 or more calories, which is very unhealthy.  Always consult your doctor before doing a serious weight loss plan, and be sure to read reviews about what you want to do.  Make sure it is healthy, effective and sustainable.  You want something you can maintain long term, not a short term fix that will have you gaining it all back once you are done.

I am a believer in the new Weight Watchers system and I know it works because it works for me.  It's something that works for nearly everyone who tries it.  Again, it may not be for EVERYBODY, but it's definitely something sustainable and healthy.  If you ever have any questions or need some support or motivation, I am more than happy to help.  I'm not an expert, but I can tell you what I have learned on my quest to lose weight and share it with you.  If you find anything that works great for you and want to share with me, please do!

Good luck to everyone who is looking to lose weight in a healthy, effective manner, you can do it!  Don't wait for the New Year to make a resolution, start NOW and be looking great BEFORE the New Year starts!  To those who have lost weight recently and before, CONGRATULATIONS!  Especially to my sister-in-law Victoria Elridge who recently dropped 60lbs and who I know looks SPECTACULAR after having 2 kids!  Way to go V, you are another source of inspiration!!

Day 7 approaches, until then kids.....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment