Friday, November 18, 2011

The Apocalypse and Chinese Food....Day 4

The word Apolcalypse comes to us from the Greek word -  apokálypsis. One of the meanings from the dictionary is - any universal or widespread destruction or disaster.

Now that we have had our English lesson for the day, let's take a look at what day 4 had in store for me!

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Bowl & Banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Turkey and Sweet Potatoes (most unappealing and not filling at all) & chocolate pudding cup
Snack: Baby Carrots
Dinner: Sweet & Sour Chicken w/ Fried Rice and Egg Roll (I assure you it was delicious)
Snack: Gatorade Recovery (post workout)

My workout today was Week 1 Day 4 of Inferno Standard from www.workoutbox.com

Today's workout consisted of 24 minutes of interval cardio.  Basically every 2 minutes I increased the speed I was running and every 3rd 2 minute interval I decreased the speed.  At the end of the run I am certain I felt my soul begin to leave my body until the time finally ran out and I got a break!  It was intense!

For strength it was all about legs.  Legs, legs and more legs.  Squats, dumbell squats, leg press, lunges.  Then they did a work over on my biceps.  Finally we move on to what Travis Steffen calls "Ab Apocalypse".  If you recall my prior definition, nothing could be more true.  My abs were destroyed and I felt like I wanted to hurl when I was finished! :-)  The only positive spin was that I didn't have to do bicycle or Iron Cross crunches!  All in all about a 1 hour and 45 min workout!

As for the Chinese food....let me explain.  1, my lunch was bogus and should not even be counted.  Meanwhile I avoided Pizza Hut that my boss ordered for everyone this afternoon and stuck to my turkey and potatoes from LC.  2, I had 30 points left over for the day on WW and instead of ordering WHOLE portions as usual, I only got the dinner portion for both Mac and me and I declined any crab rangoon.  I still have all my bonus points in tact along with about 25 activity points...so I'm very much on target with my diet where WW is concerned!  Sometimes you have to indulge to succeed!

Meanwhile at the gym we saw the return of sequin gym bag boy.....it just fascinates me. LOL.

Well my arms and legs are about to fall off and it is nearly 2am, I must get some sleep!  I get 3 days off from the gym and I can't wait!!!  I'll still be blogging my diet and other anecdotes so stay tuned, day 5 begins soon.

Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment