Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I know why people get fat in the winter! (Day 14)

Not that it's a great life mystery solved or anything, but I realize now why people get fat in the winter.  Who wants to get out in all this mess?  I came home this evening, took care of the dogs and Mac (who is STILL sick and please get better soon!) had some leftover chili and fell asleep!  When I woke up it was 10pm and raining outside.  The last thing I wanted to do was leave the warmth of my blanket on the couch and go workout!  What always motivates me is this blog.  I never want to have to write "skipped my workout today".  Not that I have this overwhelming fan base that would be devestated that I missed a workout or anything, but I've set a goal to do something and wimping out because of a little cold rain is lame!  Here's a quick meal recap:

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Ham Breakfast Bowl w/ Banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Healthy Choice Steamer - Chicken Margherita
Snack: Special K Protein Bar
Dinner: Chili w/ lean ground beef
Snack: Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Sandwich on whole wheat

So needless to say I got dressed, took the dogs out one last time and then headed for the gym.  I totally get why people don't workout as much in the winter...it's too cold and more of a hassle to get bundled up.  Oddly, my workout today seemed relatively easy.  I increased the amount of weights I usually do so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Today officially marked 14 days and the end of Week 2 of Inferno Standard from www.workoutbox.com.  Incidentally it was weigh in day as well.  Drumroll please.....

Starting Weight: 205.6lbs
Today's Weight: 202.6lbs
Difference: -3.00lbs
Total Weight Loss Since I Started WW: 6.4lbs (209.0lbs - 202.6lbs)

I was excited to see a loss, especially after a holiday weekend.  Trust me when I say that is not easy to do and was unexpected! :-)  Must have been that final push of cardio from last night!

One of my friends suggested today that we run a 5k race next spring.  I don't know about then...but right now the thought of running a 5k makes me want to lay down and sleep! LOL.  I told her I'd think about it and let her know when springtime came!  I guess it is a nice motivator.

Another one of my gal pals who is doing WW with me set a lofty goal of losing 3lbs per week until May.  I told her I'd be dead if I lost that much weight, but setting a per week goal is certainly helpful.  When you look at it as 2-3lbs a week rather than 40lbs overall, it seems more doable.  All I can really ask for is to keep losing each week, I'll take what I can get, but the more the better!!

Tomorrow I begin Week 3 of Inferno....can't wait...only 23 weeks to go!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! That is tremendous! Was so glad to hear your thoughts on not wanting to get up and get out so late and in such bad weather...but you did it anyway...discipline is the key. Didn't you find that it was not so difficult once you got started? On the workout, I mean? Once you get up and have made your mind up to get out, you really have won the battle! Although, I have to admit that I have gotten up, gone out, and turned right back around and gone back in!!

    Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete