Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 9 and how dieting is a hazard.....

Today was mostly uneventful, however I will regail you with the tale of how dieting can sometimes be a hazard to your health, if you aren't paying attention.....but first, a recap:

Breakfast: 2 Eggo-Nutrigrain Whole Wheat waffles and 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patties w/ Banana
Snack: Blackberries w/ Splenda
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Chicken and Bowtie pasta
Snack: None
Dinner: Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwich w/ fries
Snack: None

Let me start off by saying that Chick-fil-a was DELISH...and a reason why I LOVE Weight Watchers....it allows me to eat things like that and still stay on track! :-)  It was impromptu...I did not plan to have that for dinner, but got unexpectedly stuck at the mall and couldn't help my urge to indulge!

Today's workout consisted of Ladder Runs but using the Eliptical Strider machine instead of a treadmill for 2 miles, increasing my speed every half mile.  Then it was on to weights.  I went to the gym very early this evening and it was PACKED.  I miss my late night workouts! LOL.  Today was about triceps, shoulders and back, followed by of course...you guessed it....abs!  Lots of crunches!!  Week 2 Day 2 of Inferno Standard from www.workoutbox.com.  Check it out.  They just came out with a mobile app so now I don't have to print my workouts anymore!!  So excited!

So you may be wondering how I learned today that dieting can be a hazard.  Well....I was at work and we do not have a toaster (although after today I may have to convince my boss that we need one. LOL)  So I put my waffles in the oven to toast them up.  I used to use the cookie baker, but it took an eternity to even get a slight cripiness to them, so I thought I'd go with the oven.  I set it on broil.  Amazingly this too still took forever!  So I go to the oven to turn my waffles over to toast the other side, not remembering it's on broil so the TOP burner is red hot.  I turn my waffles and pull my arm out and close the door.  I notice in my periphreal vision a bright flash, as I turned and looked, my right sleeve of my shirt was on fire!! YIKES!!  I quickly hit it with my hand and luckily put it out.  Brand new work shirt...ruined.  All for some frozen waffles....I was just trying to do the right thing and eat healthy.....so you see kids....dieting can be a hazard if you aren't paying attention!! :-)

Nothing else too exciting going on.  Everyone around seems to be sick....hope I don't get it too!!!  To those that are, please get better soon! :-)

Tomorrow is day 10....wow!!  Good Stuff!  Until then kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment