Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 2 - Ladder Runs, Weighted Crunches and....Sequin gym bags?

End of day 2 and I am feeling it!  Here's a break down of my day:

Breakfast: 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties, 2 Eggo Nutrigrain Waffles w/ Splenda
Snack: Banana
Lunch: 9 Slices of Oscar Meyer Thin Sliced turkey w/ 1 slice of Kraft Cheese and mustard on a Bagel Thin w/ 1 single serving of Garden Salsa Sun Chips
Dinner: 2 small lean, baked pork chops (Weight Watchers recipe) steamed broccoli and dinner rolls
Snack: Chocolate-Peanut Butter & Banana shake (post workout) - A DELICIOUS Weight Watchers Recipe, a definite must try!

My workout was Week 1 Day 2 of Inferno Standard from www.workoutbox.com

Today's workout began with 2 miles of cardio.  Seems simple enough on the surface....however, every 1/2 mile I had to increase the speed.  Not trying to "phone it in" as my ex-friend Jillian Michaels used to say, I started at 5.0 and ended at 7.0 mph.  Suffice it to say that the other people in the gym thought I either was dying or overly dramatic.  Maybe a little of both? :-)  Then after some intense arm, chest and shoulder workouts we get to abs.  My absolute LEAST favorite of exercises.  Today they introduced "weighted" crunches....where you hold a weighted medicine ball over your head and do standard crunches for 40 seconds, twice.  Oh-my-stars!  This followed by 80 seconds of regular crunches and 25 seconds of alternating Supermans, repeated once.  My abs are screamin!!  I feel great though...While these workouts are pretty tough...they are no Julie J workouts! LOL.  Julie, if you are reading this...I do miss our torture sessions together!  You really were an awesome trainer, and are a great friend! (Hey atleast I'm eating more than Special K for breakfast! LOL)

As I was leaving the gym, I was walking down the stairs to the locker room and a young guy was walking up past me.  He was probably early 20's, reasonably good looking, very fit, jock-type guy.  Well, if you know me, you know I did the double take look back as he passed (well!)...I see that he is wearing a decked out, sequin bedazzled gym bag!!  HUH?  Really?  Hey girl...! LOL.  If you can make it work....work it is all I can say! :-)

I was talking to my gal pal Colene today and telling her that while doing my grocery shopping today I saw a lady who was extremely obese (325-350)...she should have been in a scooter, but instead she was hunched over her cart stuffed with bacon, pizza and hostess snacks, trudgin along in the Wal-Mart.  I feel for you ma'am, because I know all that weight can't be easy to carry....but ma'am, a word if I may......PUT DOWN THE F'N BACON.  I'm just sayin......she actually gave me additional motivation to keep doing what I'm doing....I refuse to be her in 5 years.

Well, that is all I have for day 2.  Things are going well and I feel really good about this.  I've gotten a great response from everyone and had over 70 views in the past 2 days on my posts!! Keep it up everyone...share with as many people as you can, you can never have enough support!!! :-)

Tomorrow is a new day and day 3!  Bring it on.  Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment