Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm baaaaack!!

So after a 3 day trip to Kentucky to visit family and friends for the holidays I am back!  I purposesly did not blog while I was away so that I could focus on my time with my family and friends as I do not get to see them very often.  It was a suprise visit so everyone was very excited to see me! :-)

When I began this blog, I did tell you that I would be honest about my daily activity where diet and exercise were concerned.  So to continue with that promise, I will tell you that I did not exercise at all while I was gone and my dietary choices were in line with traditional holiday/vacation style eating! :-)  At Thanksgiving dinner however I did limit myself to just one plate full, I did not go back through the line multiple times.  I did indulge in dessert as well.  For me, the holidays are a free zone....no points, no guilt. 

Now that I have spent 3 days indulging and enjoying food and rest....it's time to get back on the wagon and continue this journey.  I'd like to get off at least 10 more pounds before Christmas.  That's an agreesive 2.5lbs per week....so I hope I can do it!!  I hope everyone enjoyed time with their family and friends and that you enjoyed all of the wonderful food that was shared.

I had an eye opening experience while I was in Kentucky.  Colene and I along with several other friends volunteered at a "Soup Kitchen" on Thanksgiving day for breakfast.  This is something Colene and her friends had done for a couple of years and this year I wanted to help.  It was very touching at how grateful these people were for the meal.  Most of them had nothing, some had a little, but not much to speak of.  It really made me realize that I am so fortunate to have the friends and family that I do and to be in the position I am in.  There were so many people there who just had nothing but the clothes on their back and a few other things.  Most through no fault of their own....just victims of unfortunate events and unable to bounce back on their own.  Be thankful and grateful for all that you have.  Stop milling over petty things and disputes in your relationships....and I encourage you if you ever can to reach out and volunteer in your community to give back where you can. (Thank you Colene for taking me with you to help serve others!)

Enjoy your weekend....until next time kids...

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment