Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pandora's Box and The Return of Sequin Gym Bag Boy...Day 15

Well the positive spin from today is that it wasn't raining at all.  But it was SOOO cold!  Another one of those "do I really have to go mom?" type of gym days!  Here's a quick food recap:

Breakfast: 2 Eggo Wholegrain Waffles, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties (and no I didn't burn my shirt this time! LOL) w/ a Banana
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat w/ Simply Naked Pita Chips
Snack: Veggie plate w/ lite ranch dip
Dinner: St. Louis Bread Co. - Steak Balsamico w/ chips
Snack: Yoplait Frozen Smoothie (In 2 servings 1 pre and 1 post workout)

So today was Week 3 Day 1 of Inferno Standard from www.workoutbox.com.  Back to intensity intervals w/ cardio, I took it back to the treadmill as the intensity is more easily controlled and consistent, I burned a lot more calories than I did on the bike yesterday.  The weight section seemed short today, but I increased the weight amounts with the shorter number of reps.  Abs of course saw the return of Iron Cross Crunches and Bicycle Crunches....my arch nemesis!! I did great on the first set of bicycles, I made it all the way through without stopping.  By the time set 2 came around, my legs and abs were screaming and I had to take a couple of breaks.  All in all a good workout.

I promise this will be the end of me mentioning this, but it's just so intriguing.  I saw the return of Sequin Gym Bag Boy this evening.  I am guessing now that he is a good friend of the night supervisor, as he has been chatty-cathy with her the past few times I've seen him in there.  I wish that was how I could spend my gym visits and still look like he does....HATER (or better yet...HATE HER!)  I just don't get the sequin/bedazzled gym bag with what appear to be his initials.  I'm all about being out and proud....but turn down the flame a little girl....it's gettin hot up in this joint! LOL.

Driving home from Kentucky I rediscovered an old friend on my iPhone.....the Pandora App.  I queued up the "Beyonce" channel and away we went....Pandora delivered so many of my favorite jams from different artists...it was AWESOME!  So tonight at the gym I decided to give ole Pandora a try again as I have grown deeply tired of my iPod mixes.  Pandora delivered again....I had enough motivating music to push me through my workout and keep me going!  They've made some good improvements to the app as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed Pandora!  I will definitely be using it in the future! :-)

Back home, relaxing and about to head to bed.  I am off of work tomorrow and can't wait to sleep in and finally catch up on house chores!!

My gal pal asked me about posting another pic.  I probably will by the end of this week, although I don't think there is any visual difference yet.  A little definition in my legs and arms, but nothing to write home to mom about.  But it's all about the progression however great or small, so be on the look out for a follow up pic!  Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment