Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gossip Girl Saved My Workout......Day 8

Just back from the gym...all showered and refreshed...WHEW!  What a workout.  Day 8 and here's the recap:

Today was weigh-in day...drumroll please.......

Starting Weight: 205.6lbs
Today's Weight: 203.6lbs
Difference: -2.0lbs

It may not seem like much, but 1-2lbs per week is a healthy weight loss goal and I am very excited!  I actually have lost more than that because I began Weight Watchers 2 weeks prior to blogging and started that at 209.0lbs so I've lost 5.4lbs in 3 weeks! :-)

Here's today's meals:

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Breakfast bowl & apple
Snack: Blackberries w/ Splenda
Lunch: Turkey Bacon & Turkey Sandwich with fat free mayo on whole wheat
Snack: Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwich
Dinner: Greek wrap w/ Pepperidge Farm Baked Natural Cheese Crisps
Snack: None

So I've been catching up on Gossip Girl the past few days (I'm on Season 3 and I go in and out of watching it).  The end of this season has gotten really intense and it's been hard to stop watching!!

Tonight at the gym, I had 30 minutes of interval cardio to do.  I decided to change things up a bit and do the bike instead of the treadmill and spare my shins the pain.  Well, I forgot that the tradeoff for that was killing my hamstrings and calves! UGH!  5 minutes in it was the last place I wanted to be.  My gym music mix wasn't motivating me and I was on the verge of skipping cardio.  Then I thought...since I'm sitting here, why don't I turn on Gossip Girl while I workout! (I used my Netflix app on my iPhone)  GENIUS!  It totally took my mind off how exhausting my cardio was and the time practically flew by!!  I biked 10 miles in 35 minutes burning over 300 calories!! WOOT!  In essence..Gossip Girl saved my workout! 

I finished with more legs and back exercises, a play off of Week 1 Day 1, different # of reps and used different weights.  The abs as usual were my least favorite with the return of Iron Cross and Bicycles.   But as usual after it was all over I felt better and knew I had done the right thing by sticking with it to the end!  Check out www.workoutbox.com if you are interested in what I'm doing for exercises.  It really is a fantastic site and VERY inexpensive professional training!

I am exhausted, not so exhausted however that I can't go into the living room and try out my new Zelda: Skyward Sword for the Wii!!  So super stoked.....might as well burn a few extra calories before bed, right! :-)  What can I say, I'm a kid at heart and a little in the face too! :-)  Is tomorrow day 9 already?  Time flies when you're losing weight!  Until then kids....

The one and only,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment