Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tricep Dips Hurt! (Insanity Week 3 Day 5)

So now that I'm about to close out Week 3 of Insanity and I've done these workouts a few times I'm getting more familiar with the routine and what to expect.  However yesterday in my workout I had somehow forgotten about what they call "Tricep Dips" and let me tell you...they HURT!

Yesterday's workout was "Power Cardio and Resistance".  Incidentally another least favorite of mine.  I find it ironic how every DVD is a least favorite of mine. Well. LOL.  It's a lot of push ups and squats and jumps and then some pretty torturous tricep and arm work!  Yet again I stood drenched in sweat wondering why I keep doing this to myself.  Then I go to take a shower, look in the mirro and I think...oh yeah...this is why!  I say that because I'm definitely starting to see results in my chest, arms and legs.  I can tell I've gotten stronger both physically and cardio wise. 

Some friends asked me last night what I do to keep myself motivated to keep doing Insanity every day and not give up.  I told them that I come home from work and the first thing I do is my Insanity workout.  I don't give myself a chance to settle in or unwind.  I power through the workouts and every day when I look in the mirror and I see my body changing and every week I step on the scale and see the pounds dropping off, that is what keeps me motivated to keep going.  I know I sound like a broken record when I say that Insanity is not fun, it is not easy, it is not for the lazy.  It takes not only strength, but will power and a mental determination to power through the workouts.  I literally find myself almost in tears at the end of some of the workouts because I am pushing my body to the ultimate limit and when I want to collapse I find just a bit more ability to push through to the end.  When you finish an Insanity workout you KNOW you worked for it!

Today I will complete Week 3 and move into Week 4, then it's Recovery Week and get geared up for Month 2!  Can you handle it?!

That's all I have today!  All aboard the Insane Train!

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment