Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Holy Switchkicks Batman! (Insanity Month 2 Week 2 Day 2)

Max Interval Circuit is from the devil.  Full Body Drills are a form of witchcraft.  Floor switch kicks are of the underworld.

Do you see where I'm going with this?  This workout is unholy!  I don't think I stopped screaming for more than a few seconds and that's while we were switching workouts or on a water break.  If you don't know what switch kicks are (as most probably do not) I need for you to look it up on You Tube and then imagine doing those on the floor holding yourself up on your arms.  Re-dang-diculous!  Full body drills are where you jump down into plank position, run sprints for 8 count, do 4 moving push-ups across the room, then do 8 count wide sprint runs, jump up and repeat to the other side.  These are only 2 of 12 different exercises that were repeated in 3 circuits, sets of 3 during this 60 minute beat down.

Shaun T says...."You may wonder why I'm smiling.....because I love it!"  I seriously think he is some sort of Sadist and enjoys watching other people suffer.  I also want to go on record saying that Shaun T does NOT know how to count.  I swear he says we have 10 seconds left every 30 seconds and the 10 seconds never run out.  That or he starts a 5 second countdown and it goes like this...."5 seconds.....................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
.....................................4...........................3....................2.................1"

So the 5 second count ends up being more like a 10 second count! UGH!  Then at the end of a set where you normally would get a 30 second break, he makes you get up and do another minute of hell before you get your break.  Hate him.

Month 2 is definitely proving to be intense and insane.  I'm halfway through Week 2 and will only have 2 weeks left after this.  I'm too committed at this point to give up, but I'm here to tell you this is definitely starting to get to me to the point where I physically get ill thinking about the workouts to come!  There is light at the end of the tunnel friends.....2 1/2 more weeks............I got this!!!  DTF DTV! (haha, who remembers that from high school football?  Anyone? LOL)

Kudos again to Matt who blasted through his day 2 workout of Insanity!  I remember day 1 and I also remember the day after when I too could not walk!  Colene says to take some Tylenol before bedtime and that helps with the soreness?  Never tried it...I just muscled through.  The soreness goes away in Week 2!  Keep up the awesome work! :-)

That's all I have for today. Looking forward to recovery day tomorrow, but not before I get the crap beat out of me during tonight's Max Cardio Plyo!  May God have mercy on my soul!

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. DTF DTV. How could I forget that? Bucky just stopped writing that after his signature last year. :)

    ReplyDelete