Thursday, May 31, 2012

Are you crying or is that sweat in your eyes? (Insanity Month 2 Week 2 Day 4)

What can I say about Day 4?  Oh I know....I HATE YOU SHAUN T!  Hate is a strong word but it fits so easily here.  I have never sweat so much in my entire life, my shirt had completely changed colors by the end of the workout!  Today was Max Interval Plyo day and let me just say that it was no bueno from the beginning.

Now we do pretty much the same warm-up each workout but for some reason after today's warm up (which is 15 minutes...yes you heard me..the WARM-UP is 15 minutes) I was already pouring sweat and my lungs were screaming for air.  I knew at that point that I was in for a fight and that today's workout was not going to go well.  As I had assumed it did not! LOL.  That's not to say that I punked out...oh no...I pushed through the workout, but it was pure hell the entire way.  It had been a week since I had done this workout and I had forgotten all the stunts he has us do.  Does the term "Squat Pushup" make you shudder?  Well it should because they are straight up non-sense.  You first get deep into a squat and put your hands out in front of you, elbows at your side.  Then you allow yourself to fall forward onto your hands and into a full push up, then you have to push yourself back up into the squat position and repeat for 45 seconds.  Torture.  This among Level 3 drills which literally had me in tears screaming.  You have to do 16 push ups followed by 16 floor sprints in plank, stand up and repeat.  I was dying.  If anyone saw me, it was a combination of sweat and tears on my face! LOL

I know I say it about every Insanity workout, but today's workout was no joke!  My arms and abs were the victims of this crazy workout today, but fear not my poor legs got their fair share of beat down!  Tomorrow is Max Cardio Conditioning followed up with Max Cardio Abs....I hate those workouts....you get your a$$ handed to you in the full workout and then are expected to put on a smile and workout your abs. UGH!  Someone shoot me!  Or better yet...shoot Tanya.

If you are thinking about starting Insanity, please let me know.  I'm here to support anyone through this process and believe me, when you have support it makes the world of difference!  It's tough, please know that it is way super tough, but you can do it if you have the determination to push through!  The results far outweigh the pain, and if you stick with it, you will see results!  My first week of Insanity I was so sore and got really sick actually because it was such a shock to my body, but after that it gets better (the soreness and fatigue) and you find a way to get through.  Once you start seeing your body change, you won't be able to stop! :-)

Speaking of...I think Matt is almost fully recovered from his Day 2 beat down! LOL.  Are you ready for Pure Cardio!? :-)  (followed by evil laughter!)

That's all I have for today.  The weekend approaches...have you earned a break this week?

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

2 comments:

  1. Are you still going? I just started Insanity last week and was looking for some people who are doing the program. I am on week 2, day 8 today with Cardio Power & Resistance coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for the delay in replying to you! I am still going! I will finish up Month 2 in two weeks. How are you doing on your Insanity journey!?

    ReplyDelete