Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How does one recover from this? (Insanity Month 2 Week 2 Day 3)

I'd like to start today's post off with a confession.  If you know me I am usually very honest and up front, so here goes.  I switched up my recovery day and Max Interval Plyo day so I could do my recovery day today.  ONLY because I thought it was going to be an easy workout and I had less than an hour to get in a workout this evening. 
M-I-S-T-A-K-E.  This is where the word "assume" gets you into trouble.  Once again I keep forgetting that when it starts with the word MAX, there will be nothing easy about it!

With that out of the way....let me tell you a bit about Max Cardio Recovery.  It's some straight up bull is what it is.  You start off with a bunch of breathing and stretching exercises, so you think....ok...this is kind of like the Cardio Recovery from Month 1 only a little faster. WRONG.  Then you get blasted into 4 different workout circuits that can only be described as evil.  At one point I actually yelled at the screen "OK, I freakin get it, my core has to be tight and I'm supposed to watch my form, let's just freakin wrap up this set already!"  This was amid us doing a one arm body balance where your entire body is on its side and being supported by one arm, the other arm stretched out to the ceiling.  Then you return the arm to the ground in plank position and do 8 pushups and repeat.  Ridiculous. 

The absolute worst part of the workout today was the end where once again Shaun T seems to think that my legs are made of steel and that my quads have no feeling in them.  We have to maintain a plie squat pose, do 8-16 pulses, then bend to one side and hold, back to squat, pulse, other side and repeat.  Mixed in with all sorts of other crazy stunts like keeping your heels off the floor the entire time.  My quads felt like someone had set them on fire with gasoline and turned a fan on.  INSANITY!

I've got 3 days left of Week 2 and then we are really in the home stretch with 2 weeks remaining.  I'll be curious to see how the 4th Fit Test turns out.  Monday the truth will out!  Tomorrow is Interval Plyo....I'm already getting sick to my stomach.

Matt text this morning to say that he was barely able to walk after his beat down from yesterday!  My words of encouragment are: This too shall pass! LOL.  Colene recommends taking some Tylenol before bed to help with the soreness.  I empathize and sympathize because I've been there and if you can push through the Week 1 soreness, it will go away in Week 2! :-)  Hang in there...as Shaun T says....you can freakin do it! Dig deeper! LOL.

That's all I have for today.  Other than the fact that I am craving a McDonald's Coke like CRAZY for some reason.  I haven't had a drop of soda since I started Insanity and I don't plan on starting now, but for some reason that craving was strong this evening.  Instead I am enjoying a Sobe Strawberry Dragonfruit Life Water. Yum! LOL.

Wishing you success in your goals.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment