Friday, May 18, 2012

Skinny Fat @ 30lbs....(Insanity, Recovery Week)

I apologize for the delay in blog updates on my Insanity journey but I have been traveling this week for work and was unable to blog.  I did however keep up with my Insanity workouts as this week is the "Recovery Week".

Let me explain what Recovery means in the Insanity world.  Normally to recover would mean to recoup or renew ones self from an exhausting activity.  In the Insanity world, Recovery means a slightly less punishing beat down.  I'll give it to Shaun T that this workout is not nearly the death inviting workout that Month 1 workouts were, but it still kicks my butt.  Mainly because it is largely about balance and getting your core in shape and focus a great deal on legs and abs and trying to maintain a plie pose for 5 minutes while doing shoulder work after having done 8+ minutes of leg workouts is just wrong!  Only 1 day left of Week 5 and then we head into Month 2....I'd almost rather be chased by Michael Meyers in the woods barefoot! LOL.

I totally skipped on updating you on the weigh-in results so I will give them to you here as of today!

Starting Weight on Insanity: 185.6lbs
Last Weeks Weight: 180.4lbs
Today's Weight: 178.8lbs
Difference: -1.6lbs
Total lost on Insanity: -6.8lbs

Total lost since November: -30.2lbs

So excited to have finally broken the 30lb mark!!  I have about 13lbs to get to a comfortable goal weight of 165lbs.  Now I don't think I will hit 13lbs in the next month, but the closer I can get the better!  I was looking in the mirror the other day, and I can definitely tell a difference in my body since I've started Insanity but at this point I feel "Skinny Fat".  For those who may not know what Skinny Fat is....it's the point of weight loss when you look a lot skinnier than you used to and those who know where you came from can definitely see a difference, but to someone who sees you for the first time, you look like you could stand to lose 10-15lbs! LOL.  They don't know I've lost 30lbs!  Additionally, I"m skinny(er) in most places, but my midsection is being somewhat stubborn, as is customary.  Belly fat is the last to go and while my love handles have DEFINITELY gotten much smaller, they are still holding on for dear life!  I'm hoping the hellish torture coming in Month 2 will unleash all out war on my midsection and just devour the last bit of fat I have left! (A boy can wish, right?)  I'm also in an awkward clothing state....mediums are getting a bit "blousy" on me but smalls are a smidgen too snug so I can't make that leap quite yet.  I did slip into a size 30 pair of shorts the other day at the store and they were a bit...um...fitting. LOL.  So I'll stick with the 32's for now....but I'll forewarn you, if I get into a size 30" waist and small shirt by the end of month 2, I will personally find Shaun T and kiss him!!! LOL

OK I am done rambling for the day!  Sorry we had a bit to catch up on.  That's all I have for today!  How are you doing in your journey to get fit?

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment