Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"I'm not trying to hurt you, just make you better!" (Insanity Week 4 Day 1)

From the title...this was a quote by Shaun T in today's workout.  I have to question the legitimacy of this statement because I was definitely hurting today!  Frog jumps, suicide jumps, power jacks, push-up jacks, oh my!  It was non-stop fun today!  If you couldn't guess today was PURE CARDIO day and what follows PURE CARDIO........PURE CARDIO ABS!

Now surprisingly enough, the worst part of today's workout was that my legs were on fire from all the squats and jumping!  Butt kicks and high knees were killing my calves today too!  But of course just when I am all good and stretched out, cooled off and breathing normal, here come the stupid Pure Cardio Abs!  UGH!  My least favorite of this video are the last 2 exercises, high plank, low plank oblique.  It hurts my hips more than anything and then he follows it all up with this ab pulsing workout that you do from both high and low plank position in 4 sets.  Let me tell you, it will have your lower abs SCREAMING like they have been set on fire!!  The ab workout is hard for me to get through because of the position he makes me sit in is very awkward and uncomfortable and I usually end up feeling it in my back or legs more than my abs.  But alas, I push through and do as I am told.

How's about some results, shall we?

Starting Weight on Insanity: 185.6lbs
Last Weeks Weight: 181.6lbs
Todays Weight: 180.4lbs
Difference: -1.2lbs
Total Lost on Insanity: -5.2lbs (in 3 weeks)

Total Lost Since November: -28.6lbs

I think losing 1.2lbs in a week is acceptable to me.  I realize that I am gaining a little bit of muscle in the process and clearly judging by my clothes my body is shrinking.  I look forward to hitting the 30lb mark!  I haven't been in the 170's since 2001!  I won't know what to do with myself! LOL.  One final week of Month 1 and we will be in Recovery Week, only to gear up for absolute hell in Month 2.  I'm afraid to even watch the DVD's because I think it may scare me out of doing them! LOL.  Perseverance and determination!

That's all I have today!  What have you done to get healthy in 2012?

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment