Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Derailment leads to Insanity......

Well hello there!  Fancy meeting you here!  I admit it has been quite sometime since we have seen one another.  I'm sure you have been wondering....what happened to that one guy who was blogging about his weight loss and was all jazzed up and then just dropped off the planet!?  Well, I'M STILL HERE!

I got into a traveling stint with work and it kept me pretty busy and I neglected the blogging side of my life for a while.  It also cut into my workout routine as I was traveling 3-4 days per week and there was not a decent gym around, save the hotel gym which had outdated cardio equipment and some free weights.  I did my best to eat decently and do SOME kind of workout and not derail my whole plan.  I was semi-successful....by that I mean not very. LOL.  I did over indulge a few times and skipped my workouts for over a week.  The end result was a halt in my weight loss.

In all I think I only gained about 1.5lbs, which trust me when I say is not horrible considering what I was eating! LOL.

Nonetheless, I feel the need to get back on track and press forward to my goal!  I said many blogs ago when I first started that this was not going to be easy, and it hasn't been.  I've been pretty up front and honest about my roadblocks and set backs, so that you have a true vision of what it takes to effectively lose weight.  Every day or week isn't a success and no matter what those people in the infomercials tell you, you can have all the determination in the world, you are going to derail sometimes.  It doesn't mean you are weak or incapable, it means you are human.  Life happens.

So all of this time off has given me some time to think about how I want to proceed to reach my goal.  Technically speaking I have 8 weeks left on my Workout Box program.  It's a 26 week program, so knowing that I have completed 16 weeks gives me a great deal of satisfaction.  The problem is that I've gotten out of routine for a couple of weeks and I feel like I've lost my momentum to continue with that program.  The other half of me wants to finish to say that I did it!

Here's where we get to the "Insanity" part of my title.  I've been reading a lot about the Insanity workout series.  If you aren't familiar, it is a 60-day EXTREME body conditioning program that lives up to its name.  The workouts are SUPER intense and you work out 6 days a week for about 35-60 minutes per workout.  The program promises great results within the 60 days, and I've read a lot of reviews and before and after pictures from actual people who have done it (not just the infomercial people) and it seems legit, just insane!  Along with it comes an eating plan that actually makes you eat 5-6 times per day which is what I do now.  Some people have lost up to 40lbs within the 60 days.  Now I don't have 40lbs to lose, but if I could drop another 10-15lbs that would be awesome!  I haven't had the nerve to pull the trigger and order it yet, I'm nervous that it will be too extreme for me and I won't commit.  But if you do finish it they send you a free t-shirt that says "I earned it" on the back. LOL.  How can you pass that up!!? :-)

I will share with you that a few weeks ago, my best friend in crime came to visit me in St. Louis and brought with her the Insanity "Fit Test" dvd.  Now the Fit Test is something you do in the very beginning of Insanity to gauge your level of preparedness before you begin.  You then do the Fit Test every 15 days to measure your progress on the program.  The Fit Test consists of about 8 exercises that are done during Insanity.  You get 1 minute per exercise to do as many as you can do.  Once you are done, you get a short break to rest and record your results, and by short I mean like 30-45 seconds and then it's on to the next exercise.  So Colene is on the couch watching me do this Fit Test and writing down my results and I'm trying to "give it all I got" from the gate.  I'm here to tell you that this Fit Test was NO JOKE!  I was pouring sweat just a minute in and was ready to be done!  After a few exercises we got to one that I can't even remember what it was, but I watched the demo and looked at Colene and told her to just write down a 0 for that one because I was not even going to attempt it! LOL  By the time the Fit Test was over (about 25 minutes) I was so tired and beat down, I couldn't even stand up.  I ended up curled up on the bathroom floor, praying to my Father in Heaven to save me from this torture! LOL.  Colene claims I did really good, but it hurt nonetheless.  But the flip side of that is that you know you WORKED OUT.  There's no phoning it in during Insanity, that's for sure!

So that's where I am at right now.  I cancelled my Weight Watchers and calorie counter didn't really work out for me too well, so I"m kind of in limbo with my nutrition as well.  I'm going to continue my Workoutbox workouts until I decide if Insanity is for me, and then we shall see what happens!

That's all I have for now, I apologize again for my long delay in blogging, but hope to keep caught up now that I am done traveling for a while! :-)  How are things your way?  Are you keeping on track?

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment