Monday, April 16, 2012

This really is Insanity!!!! Day 1 (and it begins....)

So remember before I left for the weekend I said I would be starting something INSANE on Monday, well it's finally here!  I have begun the Insanity Workout series!  That's right, for the next 62 days in conjunction with my BFF Colene, I will be challenging myself to the Insanity Workout program!

Let me start by saying that it definitely lives up to its name thus far!  Today was Day 1 and all I had to complete was the Fit Test.  For those not familiar, the Fit Test is something you complete every 15 days to gauge your progress through the program.  You complete 8 exercises and are given 1 minute per exercise to complete as many repetitions as you can.  For the over achiever such as myself, this is no easy task!

Here are my results:

Switch kicks: 108
Power jacks: 57
Power knees: 83
Power Jumps: 30
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 13
Push up Jacks: 29
Low plank obliques: 41

After the exercises you do a few minutes of stretching which believe me is needed as your legs are SORE the next day. (I did a test run of this a few weeks ago when Colene was in town! LOL)  At the end of the 25 minutes I was DONE!  Covered in sweat and feeling the life fade from my body, I mustered my final bit of strength to get into the shower and relax.  The sad part is that this is MILD compared to the actual workouts which begin tomorrow!!!  I keep thinking....what have I got myself into!  However, all of the reviews I have read have been stellar.  They were all honest in that they stated this is NOT for the lazy or weak and that it is NOT easy or fun, but the results are just as insane as the workouts, so we shall see what happens!

So while I am closing one chapter in this journey as I say goodbye to Workoutbox.com after 17 weeks, I am opening a new and even more exciting one with the Insanity Series.  I am going to ATTEMPT to keep you updated day by day, but please don't hold me to that as we know life happens and sometimes I just don't get around to blogging.  But as is customary you know I will keep you well informed!

That's all I have for now.  How are your goals coming for 2012?  Are you making this year about you and getting healthier?

Wishing you nothing but success!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment