Thursday, April 19, 2012

Insanity? Hmmmm...Day 4...Recovery

So I pop in the DVD today called "Cardio Recovery"....fully prepared for the "fatal blow" to put me out of my misery.  My body was so tight and sore today, I barely made it to work!!  While I physically and mentally was in no mood to put up a fight today, I was very SHOCKED when I heard Shaun T say "We're going to be moving slow today and recovering from your insane workouts."

HUH?

Now don't get me wrong, there were some tough moves, but I think it was mainly difficult because I was extremely sore and any slight stretching made my muscles feel like someone had set them on fire.  But today's workout was a walk in the park compared to the past 3 days.  That gives me new hope, because prior to today, I thought we basically got killed for 6 days straight and got 1 day to recover.  Well thank you Shaun T...that's the best thing you've given me all week! LOL.

It was back to the insane diet today though.  Stuffing my face until I couldn't eat anymore!  I honestly think after this first week, depending on how the weigh-in turns out, I may scale back the reccommended portions just a touch.  I'm seriously downing like 2300 calories per day which is easily 500-600 more than I am used to!  Most people would think.....well why is that bad?  There are a lot of bad ways to get to 2300 calories.  You could easily pull into a fast food joint for breakfast and rack up calories without feeling STUFFED.  But my calories are built on large portions of healthy, fresh ingredients.  Downing a Turkey BLT and a pear just 3 hours after eating 2 eggs, 2 egg whites with mushrooms and cheese and orange juice is daunting! :-)  I suppose there could be worse things in the world.....

Alas, Insanity Day 4 is done.  59 days remaining of this madness and we should be looking at a whole new me.  I'll wait to post my before pic until I'm done, and then you can see the side by side comparison and tell me what you think.

Just for the records:

Starting Weight as of Monday was: 185.6lbs

That's all I have for now.  Stay tuned kids, I'm sure this will get even better!!

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment