Saturday, April 21, 2012

32 and 32 Finally Meet! Insanity Day 6, End of Week 1!

This post is very special because two miraculous things have happened.

1. I have completed 1 full week of Insanity and am still alive to tell the story!
2. My age and my waist size have finally met!!

Let's start off with #2 because it is really the most exciting!!  I went into Macy's today hoping for a miracle.  My 34's have been fitting me rather loosely and so I was crossing my fingers that I was down to a 32" waist finally.  I browsed and browsed until I found some shorts that I wanted to try on, I grabbed the 32 and the 34 (just in case).  Knowing that the 34's would fit I decided to start off with the 32's.  I began to put them on and my muscular thighs :-) put up a little resistance, but I pulled them on with no problem, zipped them and buttoned them with no issue.  No sucking in, no extra tugging...just zip and button. TA-DA!  I almost cried looking in the mirror!  I was SO freakin excited!!  After I left the dressing room, I found a second pair to try on and just to be sure it wasn't the particular brand I had tried before I went to try on those too and they also fit without issue!!  I think it is safe to say, HELLO WORLD I AM A 32" WAIST AGAIN!!!!

Now about #1.  Today was the end of Week 1 of Insanity.  Once again I was DRENCHED by the end of the workout!  But surprisingly...it wasn't as HORRENDOUS as it had been in the beginning of the week.  Don't misunderstand, I was dying, just not to the degree as I did on day 1!  I will be honest and tell you that on day 1 I really thought I had gotten myself into something I wasn't going to be able to commit too, but I have found the inner strength to continue and hope that my perseverance holds out through the next 8 weeks!  I have a ton of support, and buying some new clothes in smaller sizes today is DEFINITELY motivation for me!!

I just want to say thank you to EVERYONE out there who has put up with all my fitness and health crap over the past 5 months!  Many of you have been such an inspiration to me to keep going and reach my goals!  I appreciate all of your feedback and kind words of encouragement!  It really does help!!!  I hope in some way my success and determination has also helped you to reach further for your goals as well!  8 more weeks of Insanity and I should be ready for my big debut! Shirtless to the world! LOL.  Look out world, cuz I'm comin!!!!

That's all I have today!

Wishing you success in your goals!!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment