Wednesday, February 1, 2012

700 Calories and defeated....

So today was Day 2 of Week 11and a focus on cardio.  The goal was to only burn 340 calories with my choice of cardio.  When I started out I was pumped and ready to burn some calories, being an overachiever I decided I was going to burn 1000 calories!  Realizing this was a lofty goal and would require over an hour of running on the treadmill I set up my Netflix to play some episodes of Biggest Loser and started running.

As I pushed onward toward my goal I got close to my required 340 calories and as I looked at my other running stats I realized that I was also coming up on the 5k mark (3 miles) having a desire to shave time off of my last run I ramped up my speed and barreled to the 3 mile mark.  I ended up beating my prior time by over 1:35!  But I kept pressing on racing toward my goal of 1000 calories!  I finally hit 700 calories and hit the "Pause" button to take a breather.  Now the "Pause" gives you 1 minute before the treadmill resets itself.  As I caught my breath and took a drink of water, I got side tracked by The Biggest Loser...when I looked back at my treadmill stats my "Pause" time had ran out and the treadmill had reset. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I started to restart my run but felt disappointed that I wouldn't have a stat of 1000 calories to snap a pic of, so I decided to stop.  700 calories and a defeated 5k time...it was a good run!

Tomorrow on day 3 is the actual 5k day....maybe I'll try and beat my time today again!

I also made a commitment to myself today to stop weighing myself everyday!  It gets maddening when I don't see the scale move everyday so I decided that I am only going to get on the scale on Monday, the actual weigh-in day.  It will be a surprise for us all!!

That's all I have for now.  My legs feel like they are going to fall off and my body is beat!  Bring on tomorrow!  Have a great week and I wish you all the best in succeeding at your goals!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment