Tuesday, February 21, 2012

100 Days And Counting.......

Can you believe that it has been 100 days since I began this journey?  That is incredible!  I can remember starting Week 1 Day 1 and thinking....26 weeks that's a heck of a long way away!  And here we are 100 days later!

Officially this morning I was down 20.20lbs and feeling fantastic!  My clothes don't fit me anymore and pants I bought just 2 weeks ago are already too big!  What a great problem to have!

I can't even begin to say what a journey this has been so far.  I've had ups and downs and plateaus.  It has not been easy but I have kept pushing myself forward, always looking toward my goal!  I couldn't have done it without the support of my friends and family who have been encouraging me and motivating me the whole time!  Even when I didn't want to go on, they kept pushing me to do more! 

When I started this journey my goal was to change my lifestyle, not just to lose weight.  To look at food in a different light and learn how to eat normal portions and make healthier choices.  At this point I know I have accomplished that.  With recent events that have brought on a great deal of emotional distress, instead of turning to food to comfort me I have turned to exercise and other activities to de-stress.  Knowing that you have power over food instead of the food having power over you is an incredible feeling!  I can eat just ONE cookie, or stop at 2-3 pieces of pizza vs. having a whole bag of cookies or eating an entire large pizza on my own!  I feel like a whole new person!

What I don't want to happen however is to get comfortable with the results I have achieved.  While 20lbs is definitely commendable, I have quite a bit of work left to do and I plan on finishing strong!  These next 13 weeks I want to give it my all and make them count!  When I get on that scale for the last time I want to see a number that I can be proud of and that I can reasonable maintain and never return to my old self or habits again!

Thank you to each and every one of you who read this blog and who have offered me support in my journey so far.  To those of you who were inspired by my journey to start your own I say good luck and keep going, you can and you WILL do it and we will achieve our goals together!  Summertime approaches and I plan on looking HOT at the pool this year!  How about you?!

Here's to the next 100 days and getting healthy in 2012!

Wishing you all the best

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment