Friday, February 17, 2012

Dear Stair Climber, With Love!

Well today was Week 13 Day 2 and the focus was all on cardio.  The goal was to burn 365 calories and I trumped the goal by burning 450!  All in all I climbed 160 floors in 32:00 minutes.  It was quite exhausting yet invigorating at the same time if that makes any sense?  I felt like I gave it my all and felt like I had worked out when I was done and that always feels good!

Afterwards I took some time to sit in the steam room and relax and then a refreshing shower!  Let me tell you, I do feel relaxed!!  However, driving home I realized that I was BEYOND starving!  Even though I had eaten dinner less than 5 hours ago.  This is how I know that my metabolism is just torching everything I'm putting in because I am ALWAYS wanting to eat something!  I mentioned before but just have never gotten around to it that I wanted to evaluate my caloric intake vs. what I should be taking in given my level of activity.  If I'm not eating enough that could be slowing down my weight loss.  That sounds kind of odd doesn't it?  If I'm not eating enough I won't lose weight.  However it is very true and it is very important to ensure we are fueling our bodies enough to push them through the day, otherwise they hold on to whatever we do give them instead of burning it!

Anyway, I won't ramble on again about caloric burn and food intake.  I have 2 more days of working out in Week 13 and I can't wait to be finished!  Of course tomorrow is Day 3 which is the 5k run day and I will admit I am NOT looking forward to it at all!  Day 3 in this phase is SO ridiculous and exhausting but I know I have to push through it!  I just keep thinking that the body I will have when I am done is worth it!

That's all I have for now!  I hope everyone is keeping up their hard work and that you are meeting and exceeding your goals!  You have my support!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment