Monday, March 5, 2012

Where them bloggers at...where them bloggers at...where they at, where they at, where they at?

Finally an homage' to Rhianna! LOL.

Where are them bloggers indeed!!!?  I'm sure you have been wondering if I have given up on blogging and I am here to tell you I have not!! I've just been busy with other things and haven't had too terribly much to report!  In fact I think I even forgot to do a weigh-in blog last week!  WHOOPS!  To catch you up, I lost 1lb last week and was down to 188.2lbs!

The past week I changed things up a bit.  I felt like I was hitting a plateau on Weight Watchers and decided I'd switch over to counting calories to see what worked better for me.  Afterall, if I could do the same or better with counting calories, I'd save $18.95/month! LOL  It's been an interesting week.  With a calorie budget of 1900 calories a day I've had a little more freedom in my food choices.  I've also had a few more restrictions at the same time.  Where as fruits and most vegetables are 0 WW points they have calories in them, which means what I would usually eat for a snack or to bulk up my breakfast or dinner, now it cost me so I couldn't "free load" on fruits and veggies so to speak.  But on the flip side, things that I normally wouldn't touch on Weight Watchers (like peanut butter and almonds) I've been able to work into my calorie count. Even graham crackers and marshmallow creme!! LOL.

The only thing I've found to be difficult, which I ran into on WW too was eating all my calories.  I would usually eat the required amount but then when I factored in the work outs I'd be under my daily requirements.  I've never fully understood if I'm supposed to eat those calories or leave the deficit.  The 1900 calories was calculated with a built-in deficit not including exercise, so my exercise just created a larger deficit.  I had that issue with WW and the activity points.  I never wanted to eat all of my bonus/activity points and the time that I did, I gained a pound and a half (fortunately it all came off the next day! LOL)

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I guess we will see how I fared on my calorie counting adventure.  If it turns out to be about the same as Weight Watchers, I may just switch to calorie counting from here on out and save the $$.  I've found that I can do just about any type of work out they throw at me, but the nutritional part is the true challenge.  I feel like you can't keep doing the same thing over and over because your body adapts to your eating habits and eventually stalls out.  But I can't keep switching it up every few weeks because then I get confused on what I'm doing!  I'll be glad when I hit my goal weight and can get into a maintenance phase, then eating will be much easier.  Trying to learn how to eat in order to effectively lose weight is a task!

Alas, onward we press my friends!  I wrapped up week 15 this evening and will begin week 16 on Monday.  I'm excited because week 18 is a rest week, can't wait!!! :-)

That's all I have for today.  Sorry for the delay in updating you, stay tuned for the weigh-in results tomorrow, cross your fingers for big numbers!! 2lbs would be AMAZING!

Have a great week everyone! 

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment