Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I "Heart" You Bob Harper!

New week, new start!  I'm not sure why we always wait until a week starts to begin any type of workout or diet program, I guess psychologically it gives us a sense of "one last horrah" before we begin.  Last week I started to do Insanity again, while I made it through the workout I realized after that I was not in any type of shape to do Insanity and that I would need to start out with something less intense.  That's what happens when you stop working out for nearly 2 months!

Yesterday I decided that I needed to do some type of workout and I reached into my vaults and found "Bob Harpers Cardio Max."  This workout starts out with a 30 minute cardio routine and over 6 weeks builds into a 50 minute workout.  Now the cardio workout while it made me sweat was a breeze compared to Shaun T!  But then again (as Matt said yesterday) anything is a breeze after Shaun T!  Incidentally several of the moves that were in Bob's video were similar to Shaun T's, however less intense.  I did enjoy the workout, but it was over before I really got into it.  I may add on the additional workouts before the weeks are up and see how I fare.

I'm not really doing this for the program itself, more so to have some form of workout to do each day that has some level of structure.  I find when I leave it to myself, not much gets accomplished so having a structured workout in place assures I actually get up and do something constructive with my time and burn calories!  We will see how this goes and if I feel like I see any difference after a week or so.  If all else fails, there's always Jillian and her videos right? (I'd rather slit my wrists.....)  My hope is that after I get back into a routine of working out and build up my fitness level again, I can get back into Insanity.

That's all I have for today!

Wishing you success in your goals!

Keith

1 comment:

  1. you can lose 30 pounds in six months, without changing what you eat. It’s called the Sensa Weight Loss System.

    ReplyDelete