Friday, May 22, 2015

You get a water break in 15 minutes....

That was pretty much the gist of today's Insanity Max 30 workout.  Normally after each set of exercises (1:30 or so) you get a 30 second water break.  However in the day 5 workout that was not the case.  Today's workout titled "Friday Fight: Round I" was a collaboration of all of the moves we have learned this week wrapped into one heart pounding, sweat pouring, muscle tearing, lungs screaming 30 minute workout.  Ridiculous.

And with that week 1 of Insanity Max 30 is in the books.  Now I get 2 days of rest before I get to go back at it all again next week!  Only 7 weeks to go!  On Saturdays they have an optional "Pulse" video that you can do instead of resting.  Guess what I'm not doing?

Here's a quick recap of my "Max Out" times from each workout:

Day 1 - Cardio Challenge - 8:36
Day 2 - Tabata Power - 17:24
Day 3 - Sweat Intervals - 11:20
Day 4 - Tabata Power - 22:23 (Note the 5 minute improvement over Day 2!)
Day 5 - Friday Fight Rd I - 8:24

I feel like I gave it a pretty good go for the first week.  Granted I was doing the modified moves for a majority of the work out and due to my back issues there were a couple of moves I couldn't do at all so I just did moves that I could do during those parts.  All in all a successful week.  My arms and legs are tired, I can feel muscles hurting that I didn't know I had!  I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end!

That's all I have for today.  I am going to go and enjoy my two days off from Insanity and gear my mind up to tackle week 2!

Wishing you success in your journey!

Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment